In this letter, a multiband compact low-profile planar antenna based on multiple resonant stubs is proposed and studied. By utilizing two pairs of stubs embedded on a defected ground, the reflection coefficient less than -10 dB can be achieved with broadband characteristic for applications of wireless local area network (WLAN) and worldwide interoperability for microwave access (WiMAX). Meanwhile, a pair of inserted slots on both sides of a curve slot is applied to the antenna design, which decreases the cross polarization. A multiband antenna is fabricated and measured to verify the design. The antenna is compact with operation frequencies for WLAN (2.45/5.2/5.8 GHz) and WiMAX (2.8/3.8/5.5 GHz) applications. The measured peak gains are 5.5, 4.4, 0.0, and 5.6 dBi at 2.45, 2.8, 3.8, and 5.5 GHz, respectively.
2. Kumar, A., J. K. Deegwal, and M. M. Sharma, "Design of multi-polarised quad-band planar antenna with parasitic multistubs for multiband wireless communication," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 12, No. 5, 718-726, 2018.
3. Wen, L.-H., S. Gao, Q. Luo, Q. Yang, W. Hu, Y. Yin, X. Ren, and J. Wu, "A compact wideband dual-polarized antenna with enhanced upper out-of-band suppression," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 67, No. 8, 5194-5202, 2019.
4. Sharma, V., N. Lakwar, N. Kumar, and T. Garg, "Multiband low-cost fractal antenna based on parasitic split ring resonators," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 12, No. 6, 913-919, 2018.
5. Alieldin, A., Y. Huang, S. J. Boyes, M. Stanley, S. D. Joseph, Q. Hua, and D. Lei, "A triple-band dual-polarized indoor base station antenna for 2G, 3G, 4G and sub-6 GHz 5G applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 49209-49216, 2018.
6. Dhar, S., K. Patra, R. Ghatak, B. Gupta, and D. R. Poddar, "A dielectric resonator-loaded Minkowski fractal-shaped slot loop heptaband antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 4, 1521-1529, 2015.
7. Guo, L., W. Q. Chen, and W. C. Yang, "A novel miniaturized planar ultra-wideband antenna," IEEE Access, Vol. 9, 2769-2773, 2019.
8. Paul, P. M., K. Kandasamy, and M. Sharawi, "SRR loaded slot antenna for multiband applications," 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation & USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, 2017.
9. Li, W.-M., B. Liu, and H.-Y. Zhao, "Parallel rectangular open slots structure in multiband printed antenna design," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 1161-1164, 2015.
10. Wu, Y. H. and W. H. Tu, "Compact Penta-band CPW-fed slot antenna," IEEE 2018 International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, 1-2, 2018.
11. Dkiouak, A., A. Zakriti, and M. El Ouahabi, "Design of a compact dual-band MIMO antenna with high isolation for WLAN and X-band satellite by using orthogonal polarization," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 34, No. 9, 1254-1267, 2019.
12. Palandi, N. K., N. Nozhat, and R. Basiri, "Design and fabrication of small and low profile microstrip monopole antenna using CRLH-TL structures," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 33, No. 13, 1-15, 2019.
13. Pan, C. Y. and C. C. Su, "CPW-fed modified rhombus slot antenna with circularly polarized radiation for UHF RFID fixed reader application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 30, No. 4, 559-569, 2020.
14. Qin, X. and Y. Li, "Compact dual-polarized cross-slot antenna with colocated feeding," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 67, No. 11, 7139-7143, 2019.
15. Singh, G., B. K. Kanaujia, V. K. Pandey, D. Gandwar, and S. Kumar, "Design of compact dual-band patch antenna loaded with D-shaped complementary split ring resonator," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 33, No. 16, 2096-2111, 2019.
16. Qi, L., S. Gao, Z. Chong, Z. Dawei, T. Chaloun, W. Menzel, V. Ziegler, and M. Sobhy, "Design and analysis of a reflectarray using slot antenna elements for Ka-band SatCom," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 4, 1365-1374, 2015.
17. Yu, C., S. Yang, Y. Chen, and D. Zeng, "Radiation enhancement for a triband microstrip antenna using an AMC reflector characterized with three zero-phases in reflection coefficient," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 33, No. 14, 1846-1859, 2019.
18. Bui, L. T. P., N. Anselmi, T. Isernia, P. Rocca, and A. F. Morabito, "On bandwidth maximization of fixed-geometry arrays through convex programming," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 34, No. 5, 581-600, 2020.