This research work introduces a compact dual composite right/left handed (D-CRLH) unit cell structure for filtering power divider (FPD) application. The D-CRLH unit-cell consists of an interdigital capacitor with two shorted fingers in series. It contains a meander line, a rectangular stub, and a via in shunt, both series and shunt elements provide filtering response as a bandpass filter. This design has been developed on dielectric material of thickness 1.6 mm, usually called as Epoxy glass substrate (FR-4). The transmission line of length λg/4 of a Wilkinson power divider has been replaced with a D-CRLH unit cell to reduce the size of proposed structure more than 60%. Another advantage of using a D-CRLH structure is the position of resonance frequency independently controlled by series parameter only because of shorted structure. The series chip resistor has been utilized to improve the isolation at resonance in between output ports. It offers miniaturization with electrical footprint area of 0.15λg x 0.27λg (11.4 mm x 20.4 mm), here λg represents the guided wavelength at resonance frequency of 2.5 GHz.
2. Choudhary, D. K. and R. K. Chaudhary, "A Compact Coplanar Waveguide (CPW)-fed zeroth-order resonant filter for bandpass applications," Frequenz Journal of RF-Engineering and Telecommunications, Vol. 71, 305-310, De Gruyter, 2017.
3. Ramachandran, T., M. R. I. Faruque, and M. T. Islam, "A dual band left-handed metamaterial-enabled design for satellite applications," Results in Physics, Vol. 16, 102942, 2020.
4. Choudhary, D. K., M. A. Abdalla, and R. K. Chaudhary, "Compact D-CRLH resonator for low pass filter with wide rejection band, high roll-off and transmission zeros," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 11, No. 5–6, 509-516, Cambridge Press, 2019.
5. Caloz, C. and N. V. Nguyen, "Novel broadband Conventional and Dual-Composite Right/Left-handed (C/D-CRLH) metamaterials: Properties, implementation and double-band coupler application," Applied Physics A, Vol. 87, 309-316, 2007.
6. Song, K., "Compact filtering power divider with high frequency selectivity and wide stopband using embedded dual-mode resonator," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, 495-497, 2015.
7. Moradi, E., A. R. Mozenbi, K. Afrooza, and M. Movahhedi, "Gysel power divider with efficient second and third harmonic suppression using one resistor," International Journal of Electronics and Communications (AEU), Vol. 89, 116-122, 2018.
8. Wang, X., J. Wang, and G. Zhang, "Design of wideband filtering power divider with high selectivity and good isolation," Electronics Letters, Vol. 52, 1389-1391, 2016.
9. Chau, W. M., K. W. Hsu, and W. H. Tu, "Filter-based Wilkinson power divider," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 24, 239-241, 2014.
10. Chen, C. F., T. Y. Huang, T. M. Shen, and R. B. Wu, "Design of miniaturized filtering power dividers for system-in-a-package," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 3, 1663-1672, 2013.
11. Chau, W. M., K. W. Hsu, and W. H. Tu, "Wide stopband Wilkinson power divider with bandpass response," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, 1950-1952, 2014.
12. Chen, C. J. and Z. C. Ho, "Design equations for a coupled-line type filtering power divider," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 27, 257-259, 2017.
13. Li, Q., Y. Zhang, and C. T. M. Wu, "High-selectivity and miniaturized filtering Wilkinson power dividers integrated with multimode resonators," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 99, 1-8, 2017.
14. Li, Y. C., Q. Xue, and X. Y. Zhang, "Single- and dual-band power dividers Integrated with bandpass filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 61, 69-76, 2013.
15. Chen, C. F., T. Y. Huang, T. M. Shen, and R. B. Wu, "Design of miniaturized filtering power dividers for system-in-a-package," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 3, 1663-1672, 2013.
16. Rostami, P. and S. Roshani, "A miniaturized dual band Wilkinson power divider using capacitor loaded transmission lines," International Journal of Electronics and Communications (AEU), Vol. 90, 63-68, 2018.
17. Tang, C., X. Lin, Y. Fan, and K. Song, "A wideband power divider with bandpass response," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 8, 83-90, 2016.
18. Zhang, P., X. Lin, C. Tang, Y. Jiang, and Y. Fan, "Wideband filtering power divider with deep and wide stopband," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 10, 1011-1018, 2018.
19. Daw, A. F., M. A. Abdalla, and H. M. E. Hennawy, "Dual-band divider has rejection band at 5 GHz," Microwaves and RF Magazine, 1-6, 2016.
20. Deng, Y., J. Wang, and J. L. Li, "Design of compact wideband filtering power divider with extended isolation and rejection bandwidth," Electronics Letters, Vol. 52, 1387-1389, 2016.
21. Choudhary, D. K. and R. K. Chaudhary, "A compact CPW-based dual-band filter using modified complementary splitring resonator," International Journal of Electronics and Communications (AEU), Vol. 89, 110-115, 2018.
22. Eom, D., S. Kahng, B. Lee, C. Woo, and H. Lee, "Wide-band power divider miniaturized by combining CRLH ZOR bandpass filters," Asia Pacific Microwave Conference Proceedings, 541-543, 2012.
23. Choudhary, D. K. and R. K. Chaudhary, "Compact metamaterial inspired structure with bandpass characteristics for penta-band applications using virtual ground concept," Microwave and Optical Techonology Letters, Vol. 61, 2628-2634, 2019.
24. Chen, X., T. M. Grzegorczyk, B. I. Wu, J. Pacheco, and J. A. Kong, "Robust method to retrieve the constitutive effective parameters of metamaterials," Physical Review E, Vol. 70, 016608, 2004.
25. Bahl, I., Lumped Elements for RF and Microwave Circuits, Artech House, Norwood, USA, 2003.