This paper presents a new saw-tooth shaped sequentially rotated fractal boundary (SRBF) square microstrip patch antenna (SMPA) for wireless application. The square shape is rotated by an angle `θ' and superimposed, realizing fractal like geometry at boundary. The rotation of square shaped patch is divided in equal number of scaling angles θn such that for every iteration of angle θ, fractal boundary geometry has been realized. The square shape is modified into a circular shape patch resonating at 2.5 GHz. A 450 tilted rectangular slot is cut inside the radiating element to achieve circular polarization at 2.45 GHz. The antenna is fabricated using an RT Duroid 5880 substrate, having size of 70 mm x 70 mm. The antenna offers measured impedance bandwidth (VSWR < 2) of 50 MHz (2%) with simulated peak gain about 7 dBi. The fabricated antenna is tested, and measured results are in close agreement with simulated ones.
2. Mishra, R. K., R. Ghatak, and D. R. Poddar, "Design formula for Sierpinski gasket pre-fractal planar-monopole antenna," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 50, No. 3, 104-107, 2008.
3. Arif, A., M. Zubair, M. Ali, M. U. Khan, and M. Q. Mehmood, "A compact low- profile fractal antenna for wearable on-body WBAN application," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letter, Vol. 18, No. 5, 981-985, 2019.
4. Sarswat, K. and A. R. Harish, "A coplanar waveguide fed titled fractal inspired slot antenna for wideband circular polarization," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 1-5, 2019.
5. Abed, A. T., M. S. Singh, and M. T. Islam, "Compact fractal antenna circularly polarized radiations for Wi-Fi and Wi-MAX communications," IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 12, No. 14, 2218-2224, 2018.
6. Jaysinghe, J., A. Andujar, and J. Anguera, "On the properties of Sierpinski gasket fractal microstrip antennas," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 1-5, 2018.
7. Dhaliwal, B. S. and S. S. Pattnaik, "Development of PSO-ANN ensemble hybrid algorithm and it’s application in compact crown circular fractal patch antenna design," Wireless Personal Communication, Springer, 2017.
8. Choukiker, Y. K. and J. C. Mudiganti, "Compact hybrid fractal antenna for wideband wireless applications," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 2016.
9. Farswan, A., A. K. Gautam, B. K. Kanaujia, and K. Rambabu, "Design of Koch fractal circularly polarized antenna for handheld UHF RFID reader applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 2, 771-775, 2016.
10. Pakkathillam, J. K. and M. Kanagasabai, "Circularly polarized broadband antenna deploying fractal slot geometry," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 1286-1289, 2015.
11. Reddy, V. V. and N. V. S. N Sarma, "Triband circularly polarized Koch fractal boundary microstrip antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 1057-1060, 2014.
12. Reddy, V. V. and N. V. S. N. Sarma, "Reactive impedance surface-based broadband circularly polarized koch fractal boundary microstrip antenna," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 1-8, 2014.
13. Reddy, V. V. and N. V. S. N. Sarma, "Compact circularly polarized asymmetrical fractal boundary microstrip antenna for wireless applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 118-121, 2014.
14. Pahwa, K., P. Mishra, H. P. Sinha, S. S. Pattnaik, and J. G. Joshi, "Design and development of diamond shaped fractal antenna for wireless communication," International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, Vol. 7, No. 2, 101-106, 2012.
15. Garg, R., P. Bhartia, I. Bahl, and A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook, Artech House, Norwood, MA, 2000.
16. Altair’s Hyperworks CAD FEKO, , Altair Engineering Inc., USA.
17. Shi, Y. and J. Liu, "A circularly polarized octagon-star-shaped microstrip patch antenna with conical radiation pattern," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 66, No. 4, 2073-2078, 2018.
18. Rao, P. N. and N. V. S. N. Sarma, "The effect of indentation angle of Koch fractal boundary on the performance of microstrip antenna," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, DOI: 10.1155/2008/387686.