A circuit module for coupled transmission line channel transmission matrix (CTL-CTM) crosstalk cancellation is designed and simulated by using CMOS technology in a high-speed interconnection system. The module consists of an adder and a subtractor to realize analog addition and subtraction of digital signals. The adder is composed of CMOS transistor pair connected to an inverter at the next stage. The subtractor is composed of a current mirror as the load of CMOS differential pair. The crosstalk cancellation circuit module is simulated and verified by advanced design system (ADS) software. The designed adder and subtractor work well and have no significant difference with the ideal output, and the signal eye diagram recovered by the crosstalk cancellation circuit is of good quality, which solves the circuit implementation problem in the CTL-CTM crosstalk cancellation method.
2. Huang, B., K. Chen, and C. Wang, "Far-end crosstalk noise reduction using decoupling capacitor," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 58, No. 3, 836848, 2016.
3. Lee , K. , et al., "A serpentine guard trace to reduce the far-end crosstalk voltage and the crosstalk induced timing jitter of parallel microstrip lines," IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging, Vol. 31, No. 4, 809-817, 2008.
4. Halligan, M. S. and D. G. Beetner, "Maximum crosstalk estimation in weakly coupled transmission lines," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 3, 736-744, 2014.
5. Wang, Y., H. Sun, and X. Li, "Non-crosstalk scheme based on linear combination transformation in high-speed interconnects," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 85, 45-50, 2019.
6. Skotnicki, T., J. A. Hutchby, T.-J. King, H.-P. Wong, and F. Boeuf, "The end of CMOS scaling: Toward the introduction of new materials and structural changes to improve MOSFET performance," IEEE Circuits and Devices Magazine, Vol. 21, No. 1, 16-26, Jan.–Feb. 2005.
7. Wang, Y. and X. Li, "Crosstalk cancellation method based on unitary transformation of coupled transmission lines-channel transmission matrix," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 52, 45-50, 2015.
8. Oh, T. and R. Harjani, "A 6-Gb/s MIMO crosstalk cancellation scheme for high-speed I/Os," ” IEEE Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 46, No. 8, 1843-1856, Aug. 2011.
9. Wang, C., H.-M. Lam, and X. He, "A high-voltage analog adder based on class-B amplifier for source driver of AMOLED EXTERNAL COMPENSATION SCHEme," SID Symposium Digest of Technical Papers, 54, 2017.
10. Bansal, N. and R. Pandey, "A novel current subtractor based on modified wilson current mirror using PMOS transistors," 2016 International Conference on Micro-Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (ICMETE), 444-449, Ghaziabad, 2016.
11. Gupta, R., R. Gupta, and S. Sharma, "High performance full subtractor using floating-gate MOSFET," Microelectronic Engineering, Vol. 162, 75-78, 2016.
12. Bliskavitski, A. K., Y. K. Vladimirov, and S. K. Taktashov, "Microwave impedance matching of a laser diode to a microstrip line with a 50-Ω characteristic impedance," Quantum Electronics, Vol. 23, No. 3, 251, 1993.
13. Wang, Y. and X. Li, "Crosstalk cancellation study of eigen value decomposition of n-channel transmission matrix," Chinese High Technology Letters, Vol. 28, No. 4, 320-326, 2018.