This paper proposes a design method of vertically polarized VHF high-gain antenna, a four-element array form. Our design improves the overall gain of the antenna and reduces its loss. In our design, the conventional impedance conversion methods are abandoned. Instead, we directly use transmission lines for impedance match which greatly reduces the loss of the antenna in the frequency range of 150 MHz-300 MHz, ensuring that the antenna provides a higher gain, and its signal transmission efficiency is also improved.
2. Best, S. R., "Realized noise gure of the general receiving antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 2013.
3. Ding, X., B. Wang, G. Zheng, and X. Li, "Design and realization of a GA-optimized VHF/UHF antenna with ``on-body" matching network," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 9, 303-306, 2010, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2010.2047374.
4. Moon, H., G. Lee, C. Chen, and J. L. Volakis, "An extremely low-prole ferrite-loaded wideband VHF antenna design," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 322-325, 2012, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2012.2191131.
5. Osaretin, I. A., A. Torres, and C. Chen, "A novel compact dual-linear polarized UWB antenna for VHF/UHF applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 145-148, 2009, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2009.2012881.
6. Zhang, Z., Y. Zhao, S. Zuo, L. Yang, L. Ji, and G. Fu, "A broadband horizontally polarized omnidirectional antenna for VHF application," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 66, No. 5, 2229-2235, May 2018, doi: 10.1109/TAP.2018.2810338.
7. White, C. R., J. S. Colburn, and R. G. Nagele, "A non-foster VHF monopole antenna," IEEE An- tennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 584-587, 2012, doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2012.2201129.
8. Sussman-Fort, S. E. and R. M. Rudish, "Non-foster impedance matching of electrically-small antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 8, 2230-2241, Aug. 2009, doi: 10.1109/TAP.2009.2024494.
9. Bod, M., M. Ahmadi-Boroujeni, and K. Mohammadpour-Aghdam, "Design of a low-cost broadband loaded dipole antenna for VHF/UHF frequency range," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 13, No. 12, 1983-1988, 2019, doi: 10.1049/iet-map.2018.5753.
10. Ding, X., B. Wang, G. Ge, and D. Wang, "A broadband VHF/UHF double-whip antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 2, 719-724, Feb. 2012, doi: 10.1109/TAP.2011.2173141.
11. Balanis, C., Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, 3rd Edition, Wiley-Interscience, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2005.
12. Stutzman, W. L. and G. A. Thiele, Antenna Theory and Design, 2006.