An ultra-wideband (UWB) flexible antenna with a dual band-notched property is designed in this letter. This antenna is fed by a coplanar waveguide (CPW) tapered transmission line to achieve an impedance bandwidth of 1.95-35 GHz for VSWR<3. A double C-shaped slot within the monopole radiation patch and two L-shaped slots etched on the ground are introduced to reject the bands of 3.5 GHz (3.1-3.9 GHz) and 5.5 GHz (4.7-5.74 GHz) respectively, which are assigned to WiMax and WLAN applications. A Rogers4350 substrate is used to realize a low profile (0.29λL×0.22λL×0.00065λL, where λL is the free-space wavelength of the lowest operating frequency). The measured results show that the antenna has a UWB omnidirectional radiation characteristic that is suitable for UWB wireless communications.
2. Hood, A. Z., T. Karacolak, and E. Topsakal, "A small antipodal Vivaldi antenna for ultrawide-band applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 7, 656-660, 2008.
3. Guo, Z., et al., "Bandwidth enhancement of monopole UWB antenna with new slots and EBG structures," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 1550-1553, 2013.
4. Wang, Z., et al., "Flexible UWB antenna fabricated on polyimide substrate by surface modification and in situ self-metallization technique," Microelectronic Engineering, Vol. 206, 12-16, 2019.
5. Simorangkir, R. B. V. B., A. Kiourti, and K. P. Esselle, "UWB wearable antenna with a full ground plane based on PDMS-embedded conductive fabric," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 17, 493-496, 2018.
6. Khaleel, H. R., H. M. Al-Rizzo, D. G. Rucker, and S. Mohan, "A compact polyimide-based UWB antenna for flexible electronics," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 546-567, 2012.
7. Zhang, Y., et al., "Compact vertically polarized omnidirectional ultrawideband antenna and its band-notched filtering application," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 101681-101688, 2019.
8. Chuang, C., T. Lin, and S. Chung, "A band-notched UWB monopole antenna with high notchband-edge selectivity," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, 4492-4499, 2012.
9. Lee, C., et al., "Balanced band-notched UWB filtering circular patch antenna with common-mode suppression," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 2812-2815, 2017.
10. Deng, J. Y., S. Hou, L. Zhao, and L. Guo, "Wideband-to-narrowband tunable monopole antenna with integrated bandpass filters for UWB/WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 2734-2737, 2017.
11. Bong, H., N. Hussain, S. Rhee, S. Gil, and N. Kim, "Design of an UWB antenna with two slits for 5G/WLAN-notched bands," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 16, 1295-1300, 2019.
12. Abu Safia, O., M. Nedil, L. Talbi, and K. Hettak, "Coplanar waveguide-fed rose-curve shape UWB monopole antenna with dual-notch characteristics," IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 12, 1112-1119, 2018.
13. Li, W. T., X. W. Shi, and Y. Q. Hei, "Novel planar UWB monopole antenna with triple bandnotched characteristics," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 1094-1098, 2009.
14. Mohamadzade, B., et al., "A conformal band-notched ultrawideband antenna with monopole-like radiation characteristics," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 19, 203-207, 2020.
15. Zhang, X. and G. Wang, "A flexible monopole antenna with dual-notched band function for ultrawideband applications," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2014, 1-5, 2014.