This paper presents an online noise source impedance extraction method based on network analyzer. Firstly, the composition scheme of the measurement method is given, the equivalent circuit model of the measurement system established, and the port structure of the equivalent circuit analyzed. Secondly, two known standard resistances are used to calibrate the measuring system and connecting wires. Finally, the passive device and DC/DC converter are used as the equipment to be tested, and the measurement results are compared with those of other methods and impedance analyzer. The comparison results show that the measurement method has high measurement accuracy and good temperature sensitivity.
2. Jones, E. A., F. F. Wang, and D. Costinett, "Review of commercial GaN power devices and GaN-based converter design challenges," IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, Vol. 4, No. 3, 707-719, Sept. 2016.
3. Lemmon, A. N., R. Cuzner, J. Gafford, R. Hosseini, A. D. Brovont, and M. S. Mazzola, "Methodology for characterization of common-mode conducted electromagnetic emissions in widebandgap converters for ungrounded shipboard applications," IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, Vol. 6, No. 1, 300-314, Mar. 2018.
4. Zhang, B. and S. Wang, "A survey of EMI research in power electronics systems with wide-bandgap semiconductor devices," IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 1, 626-643, Mar. 2020.
5. Kovacevic, I. F., T. Friedli, A. M. Musing, and J. W. Kolar, "3-D electromagnetic modeling of parasitics and mutual coupling in EMI filters," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 29, No. 1, 135-149, Jan. 2014.
6. Domınguez-Palacios, C., J. B. Mendez, and M. A. M. Prats, "Characterization of three-phase common-mode chokes at high frequencies," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 33, No. 8, 6471-6475, Aug. 2018.
7. Lee, C. K., D. Xu, B. M. H. Pong, S. Kiratipongvoot, and W. M. Ng, "A three-winding common mode inductor," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 32, No. 7, 5180-5187, Jul. 2017.
8. Xing, L. and J. Sun, "Conducted common-mode EMI reduction by impedance balancing," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 27, No. 3, 1084-1089, Mar. 2012.
9. Luo, F., D. Boroyevich, and P. Mattavelli, "Improving EMI filter design with in circuit impedance mismatching," 2012 Twenty-Seventh Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), 1652-1658, Orlando, FL, 2012.
10. Schneider, L. M., "Noise source equivalent circuit model for off-line converters and its use in input filter design," 1983 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 1-9, Arlington, VA, USA, 1983.
11. Zhang, D., D. Y. Chen, M. J. Nave, and D. Sable, "Measurement of noise source impedance of off-line converters," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 15, No. 5, 820-825, Sept. 2000.
12. See, K. Y. and J. Deng, "Measurement of noise source impedance of SMPS using a two probes approach," ” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 19, No. 3, 862-868, May 2004.
13. Howey, D. A., P. D. Mitcheson, V. Yufit, G. J. Offer, and N. P. Brandon, "Online measurement of battery impedance using motor controller excitation," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 63, No. 6, 2557-2566, Jul. 2014.
14. Huang, W. and J. A. Abu Qahouq, "An online battery impedance measurement method using DC-DC power converter control," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 61, No. 11, 5987-5995, Nov. 2014.
15. Abu Qahouq, J. A., "Online battery impedance spectrum measurement method," 2016 IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), 3611-3615, Long Beach, CA, 2016.