A low-loss dual-band negative group delay circuit (NGDC) with a flexible design is proposed. The proposed NGDC consists of a transmission line coupled asymmetrically with two step-impedance open-loop resonators. The negative group delay (NGD) times and center frequencies of the lower and upper bands can be tuned independently. To verify the design concept, two dual-band NGDC prototypes I and II are fabricated and measured. The measured NGD times of prototype I are -4.9 ns and -4.8 ns at the center frequencies of 1.949 GHz and 2.054 GHz, respectively. The insertion loss is lower than 2.7 dB and the return loss larger than 11.2 dB in both NGD bands. For prototype II, the NGD times at 1.949 GHz and 2.086 GHz are -4.7 ns and -3.3 ns, respectively. The measured insertion loss is better than 2.4 dB with the return loss larger than 11.9 dB.
2. Eudes, T. and B. Ravelo, "Cancellation of delays in the high-rate interconnects with UWB NGD active cells," Appl. Phys. Res., Vol. 3, No. 2, 81-88, Nov. 2011.
3. Ahn, K., R. Ishikawa, and K. Honjo, "Group delay equalized UWB InGaP/GaAs HBT MMIC amplifier using negative group delay circuits," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 57, No. 9, 2139-2147, Sept. 2009.
4. Ravelo, B., "High-pass negative group delay RC-network impedance," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II — Express Briefs, Vol. 64, No. 9, 1052-1056, Sept. 2017.
5. Shao, T., Z. Wang, S. Fang, H. Liu, and S. Fu, "A compact transmission-line self-matched negative group delay microwave circuit," IEEE Access, Vol. 5, 22836-22843, Nov. 2017.
6. Xiao, J. K., Q. F. Wang, and J. G. Ma, "Matched NGD circuit with resistor-connected coupled lines," Electron. Lett., Vol. 55, No. 16, 903-905, Aug. 2019.
7. Chaudhary, G. and Y. Jeong, "A design of compact wideband negative group delay network using cross coupling," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 56, No. 11, 2612-2616, Nov. 2014.
8. Wu, Y., H. Wang, Z. Zhuang, Y. Liu, Q. Xue, and A. A. Kishk, "A novel arbitrary terminated unequal coupler with bandwidth-enhanced positive and negative group delay characteristics," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 66, No. 5, 2170-2184, May 2018.
9. Zhang, T., T. Yang, and P. Chi, "Novel reconfigurable negative group delay circuits with independent group delay and transmission loss/gain control," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 68, No. 4, 1293-1303, Apr. 2020.
10. Ravelo, B., F. Wan, N. Li, Z. Xu, P. Thakur, and A. Thaku, "Diakoptics modelling applied to flying bird-shape NGD microstrip circuit," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II — Express Briefs, Vol. 68, No. 2, 637-641, Feb. 2021.
11. Wan, F., L. Wu, B. Ravelo, and J. Ge, "Analysis of interconnect line coupled with a radial-stub terminated negative group delay circuit," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 62, No. 5, 1813-1821, Oct. 2020.
12. Wan, F., N. Li, B. Ravelo, and J. Ge, "O=O shape low-loss negative group delay microstrip circuit," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II — Express Briefs, Vol. 67, No. 10, 1795-1799, Oct. 2020.
13. Ravelo, B., N. Li, F. Wan, and J. Feng, "Design, modeling and synthesis of negative group delay IL-shape topology," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 153900-153909, Oct. 2019.
14. Choi, H., Y. Jeong, J. Lim, S. Eom, and Y. Jung, "A novel design for a dual-band negative group delay circuit," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 21, No. 1, 19-21, Jan. 2011.
15. Ravelo, B. and S. Blasi, "An FET-based microwave active circuit with dual-band negative group delay," J. Microw. Optoelectron. Electromagn. Appl., Vol. 10, No. 2, 355-366, Dec. 2011.
16. Shao, T., S. Fang, Z. Wang, and H. Liu, "A compact dual-band negative group delay microwave circuit," Radioengineering, Vol. 27, No. 4, 1070-1076, Dec. 2018.
17. Meng, Y., Z. Wang, S. Fang, T. Shao, H. Liu, and Z. Chen, "Dual-band negative group delay microwave circuit with low signal attenuation and arbitrary frequency ratio," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 49908-49919, Mar. 2020.
18. Chaudhary, G., Y. Jeong, and J. Lim, "Miniaturized dual-band negative group delay circuit using dual-plane defected structures," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 24, No. 8, 521-523, Aug. 2014.
19. Taher, H. and R. Farrell, "Dual wide-band miniaturized negative group delay circuit using open circuit stubs," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 60, No. 2, 428-432, Feb. 2018.
20. Zhou, X., et al., "Analytical design of dual-band negative group delay circuit with multi-coupled lines," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 72749-72756, Apr. 2020.