In this paper, a design method of spaceborne multi-beam antenna array is proposed. Multi-beam is achieved by rotating subarrays. A high efficiency circularly polarized horn antenna array working in Ka band is designed and processed. The antenna array has 16 large axial ratio elliptical beams, which can achieve the beam coverage range of 53°×49.1°. The simulation results are basically consistent with the test results, verifying the effectiveness of the proposed method. The design method of multi-beam antenna proposed in this paper can meet the requirements of multi-beam seamless coverage.
2. Shavit, R., "MM-wave multi-beam slot array antenna," Electrical and Electronics Engineers in Israel, 1996, Nineteenth Convention of IEEE Xplore, 1996.
3. Herscovici, N., "A highly efficient, multi-beam, wide scan angle antenna," 2020 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and North American Radio Science Meeting, 2020.
4. Fonseca, N. and J. Sombrin, "Multi-beam reflector antenna system combining beam hopping and size reduction of effectively used spots," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 54, No. 2, 88-99, 2012.
5. Moon, S. M., et al., "Phased array shaped-beam satellite antenna with boosted-beam control," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 67, No. 12, 7633-7636, 2019.
6. Montero, J. M., A. M. Ocampo, and N. Fonseca, "C-band multiple beam antennas for communication satellites," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 4, 1263-1275, 2015.
7. Menzel, W., D. Pilz, and M. Al-Tikriti, "Millimeter-wave folded reflector antennas with high gain, low loss, and low profile," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 44, No. 3, 24-29, 2002.
8. Chaloun, T., et al., "Wide-angle scanning active transmit/receive reflectarray," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 8, No. 11, 811-818, 2014.
9. Veljovic, M. J. and A. K. Skrivervik, "Circularly polarized axially corrugated feed horn for CubeSat reflectarray applications," 2020 14th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 2020.
10. Chen, M. H. and G. N. Tsandoulas, "A wide-band square-waveguide array polarizer," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 21, No. 3, 389-391, 1973.