A compact dual-mode band-pass filter (BPF) with 7th-order harmonics suppression is proposed. The proposed dual-mode BPF is designed using a three-section stepped-impedance-variable feeding line (SIVFL) and a square resonator. The high-order harmonics suppression is achieved by the SIVFL structures, and the size reduction is achieved using meandered lines and a resonator with two degenerate modes. The proposed BPF has a wide stopband up to 7th-order harmonics and a compact size of only 7 x 7 x 0.3 mm. The proposed BPF is suitable for the fifth-generation (5G) N77 band applications due to its working frequency, compact size, and good performance. Comparison and discussion are implemented as well.
2. Liu, X. Y., D. Cheng, L. Y. Feng, and Y. J. Li, "Compact dual-mode bandpass filter using square loop resonator with both capacitance and inductance stubs loaded," 2018 International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT), 1-3, IEEE, 2018.
3. Rodrıguez-Meneses, L. A., C. Gutierrez-Martınez, J. Meza-Perez, J. A. Torres-Fortiz, and R. S. Murphy-Arteaga, "Design and construction of dual-mode micro-strip resonator filters for the 950–1,450 MHz band: Application as IF filters in microwave transceivers," 2018 IEEE 9th Latin American Symposium on Circuits & Systems (LASCAS), 1-4, IEEE, 2018.
4. Rodrıguez-Meneses, L. A., C. Gutierrez-Martınez, L. Tecuapela-Quechol, and R. Murphy, "Compact L-band filter in a k-band radiometer for atmospheric attenuation over line-of-sight links," 2018 IEEE MTT-S Latin America Microwave Conference (LAMC 2018), 1-3, IEEE, 2018.
5. Rodrıguez-Meneses, L. A., C. Gutierrez-Martınez, R. S. Murphy-Arteaga, J. Meza-Perez, and J. A. Torres-Fortiz, "Wideband dual-mode microstrip resonators as IF filters in a K-band wireless transceiver," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 62, No. 2, 606-614, 2020.
6. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, "Realisation of quasielliptic function filter using dual-mode microstrip square loop resonators," Electronics Letters, Vol. 31, No. 24, 2085-2086, 1995.
7. Gupta, K. C., R. Garg, I. Bahl, and P. Bhartia, "Microstrip lines II: Fullwave analyses, design considerations, and applications," Microstrip lines II: Fullwave analyses, design considerations, and applications, 61-115, 1996.
8., AXIEM, Applied Wave Research Corporation, El Segundo, CA.