A novel dual-polarized printed AMOS antenna with high isolation operating at 5.4 GHz is proposed. The horizontal and vertical polarizations have similar radiation patterns in horizontal plane with the HPBW over 90°. In the frequency range of 5.2 GHz-5.6 GHz, the vertical polarization antenna and horizontal antenna have the gain above 7.4 dB and 10 dB, respectively. The S21 between the two input ports of the dual-polarized AMOS antenna is lower than -40 dB.
2. Jie, S. and L. Kwaiman, "Wideband linearly-polarized and circularly-polarized aperture-coupled magneto-electric dipole antennas fed by microstrip line with electromagnetic bandgap surface," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 43084-43091, 2019.
3. Gou, Y., S. Yang, J. Li, and Z. Nie, "A compact dual-polarized printed dipole antenna with high isolation for wideband base station applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 8, 4392-4395, August 2014.
4. Zhou, Z., S. Yang, and Z. Nie, "A novel broadband printed dipole antenna with low cross- polarization," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 11, 3091-3093, November 2019.
5. Wang, Y. and L. Y. Zhou, "Design of a dual-polarization log-periodic antenna (LPDA) in PCB," 2019 Photonics & Electromagnetics Research Symposium, 2393-2397, 2019.
6. Jasik, H., Antenna Engineering Handbook, Fourth Edition, Chapter 4, McGraw-Hill, 2007.
7. Nishimura, S., K. Nakano, and T. Makimoto, "Franklin type microstrip line antenna," 1979 Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 17, 134-137, 1979.
8. Chang, S. H., W. J. Liao, K. W. Peng, and C. Y. Hsieh, "A Franklin array antenna for wireless charging applications," PIERS Online, Vol. 6, No. 4, 340-344, 2010.
9. Nakano, H., N. Odachi, H. Mimaki, and J. Yamauchi, "An array of Franklin and Bruce antennas,", Vol. 2, 1130-1133, 1996.
10. Lin, W. and R. W. Ziolkowski, "Compact high directivity, omnidirectional circularly polarized antenna array," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 67, No. 7, 4537-4547, July 2019.
11. Rohani, B. B. and A. Hiroyuki, "A low profile directional antenna with dual polarization for channel capacity enhancement," 2015 IEEE International RF and Microwave Conference (RFM), 79-82, 2015.
12. Solbach, K., "Microstrip-Franklin antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 30, No. 4, 773-775, July 1982.
13. Hamouz, P., P. Hazdra, M. Polivka, M. Capek, and M. Mazanek, "Radiation efficiency and Q factor study of Franklin antenna using the theory of characteristic modes," Proceedings of the 5th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), 1974-1977, 2011.