Substrate integrated E-plane waveguide (SIEW) was invented recently to design E-plane waveguide devices on printed circuit board, which cannot be achieved by using the conventional substrate integrated waveguide (SIW). This paper is the first time to present an E-plane displaced SIEW junctions bandpass filter. The proposed design is shorter than the recently published SIEW septa filter and has a smaller footprint than several other SIW filters. It is designed by mapping an equivalent E-plane waveguide filter to its SIEW implementation. A filter prototype is built and measured for validation.
2. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Single-substrate integration technique of planar circuits and waveguide lters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 51, No. 2, 593-596, February 2003.
3. Xu, F. and K. Wu, "Guided-wave and leakage characteristics of substrate integrated waveguide," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 1, 66-73, January 2005.
4. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Accurate modeling, wave mechanisms, and design considerations of a substrate integrated waveguide," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 6, 2516-2526, June 2006.
5. Chen, X.-P., K. Wu, and D. Drolet, "Substrate integrated waveguide lter with improved stopband performance for satellite ground terminal," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 57, No. 3, 674-683, March 2009.
6. Xiao, Y., P. Shan, Y. Zhao, H. Sun, and F. Yang, "Design of a W-band GAAS-based SIW chip lter using higher order mode resonances," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 29, No. 2, 104-106, 2019.
7. Sun, L., H. Deng, Y. Xue, J. Zhu, and S. Xing, "Compact-balanced BPF and ltering crossover with intrinsic common-mode suppression using single-layered SIW cavity," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 30, No. 2, 144-147, 2020.
8. Liu, Q., D. Zhou, Y. Zhang, D. Zhang, and D. Lv, "Substrate integrated waveguide bandpass lters in box-like topology with bypass and direct couplings in diagonal cross-coupling path," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 67, No. 3, 1014-1022, 2019.
9. Che, W., L. Xu, L. Geng, and D. Wang, "The propagation characteristics of double-layer substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) structure," 2006 Asia-Pacic Microwave Conference, 1392-1394, 2006.
10. Abdel-Wahab, W. M. and S. Safavi-Naeini, "Low loss double-layer substrate integrated waveguide- hybrid branch line coupler for mm-wave antenna arrays," 2011 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (APSURSI), 2074-2076, 2011.
11. Luo, P., W. He, Y. Zhang, H. Liu, E. Forsberg, and S. He, "Leaky-wave antenna with wide scanning range based on double-layer substrate integrated waveguide," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 199899-199908, 2020.
12. Huang, D., X. H. Wu, and Q. Zhang, "Concept of substrate integrated E-plane waveguide and waveguide filter," 2016 International Workshop on Antenna Technology (iWAT), 196-199, February 2016.
13. Hedin, M., D. Huang, X. H. Wu, and Q. Zhang, "Substrate integrated E-plane waveguide (SIEW) to design E-plane and dual polarized devices," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 67, No. 3, 1844-1853, March 2019.
14. Gu, Z., D. Huang, X. H. Wu, and Q. Zhang, "Substrate intergrated E-plane horn antenna," Proc. IEEE Antennas Propag. Soc. Int. Symp., 1555-1556, June 2016.
15. Gu, Z., X. H. Wu, and Q. Zhang, "Substrate-integrated E-plane waveguide horn antenna and antenna array," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 66, No. 5, 2382-2391, May 2018.
16. Akunuru, V. N. K. R. and X. H.Wu, "Excitation of circularly polarized wave in substrate integrated E-plane waveguide," Proc. IEEE Antennas Propag. Soc. Int. Symp., 1777-1778, 2019.
17. Kuhn, E., "Microwave bandpass lters consisting of rectangular waveguides with 1-dimensional offsets," Int. J. Circ. Theor. App., Vol. 6, No. 1, 13-29, January 1978.
18. Sargent, G. A., "Re ection coefficients of offset rectangular waveguides at 56 GHz," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 23, No. 3, 246-247, September 1974.
19. Levy, R., "Re ection coefficient of unequal displaced rectangular waveguides (letters)," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 24, No. 7, 480-483, July 1976.
20. Lerer, A. M., V. P. Lyapin, and G. P. Sinyavskii, "Displacements of rectangular waveguides," Radiophys. Quantum Electron., Vol. 25, 671-678, January 1982.
21. Hunter, J. D., "The displaced rectangular waveguide junction and its use as an adjustable reference reflection," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 32, No. 4, 387-394, April 1984.
22. Matthaei, G. L., L. Young, and E. M. T. Jones, Microwave Filters, Impedance-matching Networks, and Coupling Structures, Artech House Books, Artech House Microwave Library, 1980.