A multi-stack anisotropic cylindrical dielectric resonator antenna with high gain and wide bandwidth is reported. This antenna is designed with three different stacks, and each stack consists of a multilayer dielectric structure to emulate uniaxial anisotropy. Multi-stack, multilayer structure is responsible for producing wide bandwidth and high gain. In addition, the antenna is surrounded by cylindrical metallic cavity to increase directivity in broadside direction. Similar simulated and measured results indicate a wide impedance bandwidth of 37% along with a maximum gain 9.25 dB.
2. Das, S. and S. Sahu, "Polarization recongurability enabled metamaterial inspired dielectric resonator based Fabry-Perot resonator cavity antenna with high gain and bandwidth," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Aided Eng., e22603, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1002/mmc.22603.
3. Mahmud, M. Z., M. Samsuzzaman, L. C. Paul, M. R. Islam, A. A. Althuwayb, and M. T. Islam, "A dielectric resonator based line stripe miniaturized ultra-wideband antenna for fth-generation applications," Int. J. Commun. Syst., Vol. 34, e4740, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1002/dac.4740.
4. Ballav, S., A. Chatterjee, and S. K. Parui, "Gain augmentation of a dual-band dielectric resonator antenna with frequency selective surface superstrate," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Aided Eng., Vol. 31, e22575, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1002/mmce.22575.
5. Sun, W.-J., W.-W. Yang, P. Chu, and J.-X. Chen, "A wideband stacked dielectric resonator antenna for 5G applications," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Aided Eng., Vol. 29, e21897, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1002/mmce.21897.
6. Girjashankar, P. R. and T. Upadhyaya, "Substrate integrated waveguide fed dual band quad- elements rectangular dielectric resonator MIMO antenna for millimeter wave 5G wireless communication systems," AEU --- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 137, 2021.
7. Meher, P. R., B. R. Behera, S. K. Mishra, and A. A. Althuwayb, "A chronological review of circularly polarized dielectric resonator antenna: Design and developments," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Aided Eng., e22589, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1002/mmce.22589.
8. Wang, L. and Y. En, "Broadband circularly polarized dielectric resonator antenna with L- shaped dielectric resonator strips," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Aided Eng., e22569, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1002/mmce.22569.
9. Chakraborty, P., U. Banerjee, A. Saha, and A. Karmakar, "A compact ultra wideband dielectric resonator antenna with dual-band circular polarization characteristics," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Aided Eng., Vol. 31, e22577, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1002/mmce.22577.
10. Fakhte, S., H. Oraizi, R. Karimian, and R. Fakhte, "A new wideband circularly polarized stair- shaped dielectric resonator antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 4, 1828-1832, Apr. 2015.
11. Fakhte, S., H. Oraizi, and M. H. Vadjed-Samiei, "A high gain dielectric resonator loaded patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 30, 147-158, 2012.
12. Denidni, T. A., Y. Coulibaly, and H. Boutayeb, "Hybrid dielectric resonator antenna with circular mushroom-like structure for gain improvement," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 4, 1043-1049, Apr. 2009.
13. Petosa, A. and S. Thirakoune, "Rectangular dielectric resonator antennas with enhanced gain," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 4, 1385-1389, Apr. 2011.
14. Nasmuddin and K. P. Esselle, "Antennas with dielectric resonators andsurface mounted short horns for high gain and large bandwidth," IET Proc. Microw., Antennas Propag., Vol. 1, No. 3, 723-729, Jun. 2007.
15. Dutta, K., D. Guha, C. Kumar, and Y. M. M. Antar, "New approach in designing resonance cavity high-gain antenna using nontransparent conducting sheet as the superstrate," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 6, 2807-2813, Jun. 2015.
16. Cicchetti, R., A. Faraone, E. Miozz, R. Ravanelli, and O. Testa, "A high-gain mushroom-shaped dielectric resonator antenna for wideband wireless applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 7, 2848-2861, Jul. 2016.
17. Gupta, P., D. Guha, and C. Kumar, "Dielectric resonator working as feed as well as antenna: New concept for dual-mode dual-band improved design," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 4, 1497-1502, 2016.
18. Collin, R. E., "A simple articial anisotropic dielectric medium," IRE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 6, No. 2, 206-209, Apr. 1958.
19. Yarga, S., K. Sertel, and J. L. Volakis, "Multilayer dielectric resonator antenna operating at degenerate band edge modes," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 287-290, 2009.
20. Fakhte, S. and H. Oraizi, "Analysis and design of rectangular uniaxial and biaxial anisotropic dielectric resonator antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 62, 43-50, 2016.
21. Qiu, C.-W., L. Hu, X. Xu, and Y. Feng, "Spherical cloaking with homogeneous isotropic multilayered structures," Physical Review E, Vol. 79, No. 4, 2009.
22. Qiu, C., L. Hu, B. Zhang, B.-I. Wu, S. G. Johnson, and J. D. Giannopoulos, "Spherical cloaking using nonlinear transformations for improved segmentation into concentric isotropic coatings," Opt. Express, Vol. 17, No. 16, 13467, 2009.
23. Fakhte, S., H. Oraizi, and L. Matekovits, "Cylindrical uniaxial anisotropic resonator antenna with improved gain," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 3, 1404-1409, 2017.
24. Gharsallah, H., L. Osman, and L. Latrach, "A novel cylindrical DRA for C-band applications," International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, Vol. 7, No. 8, 2016.
25. Sharma, A., A. Sarkar, A. Biswas, and M. J. Akhtar, "A-shaped wideband dielectric resonator antenna for wireless communication systems and its MIMO implementation," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Aided Eng., Vol. 28, e21402, 2018.
26. Dhar, S., R. Ghatak, B. Gupta, and D. R. Poddar, "A wideband Minkowski fractal dielectric resonator antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 6, 2895-2903, 2012.