In this paper, a dipole antenna is investigated for 5G New Radio portable devices. This antenna adopts the characteristics of multiple mode resonance. Then, by adjusting the spacing between dipole pairs, the antenna has a good impedance match in a wide frequency band. The -10 dB impedance bandwidth of the antenna is 2.31-5.34 GHz (79.2%). In the operation frequency band, the maximum gain and average gain of the antenna are 8.68 dBi and 4.67 dBi, respectively. It can be used in the 5G Sub-6 GHz NR frequency bands n7/n38/n41/n77/n78/n79 and also compatible with WLAN/WiMAX band.
2., "3GPP specification series: 38 series,", 2020, [Online]. Available: https://www.3gpp.org/DynaReport/38-series.htm.
3. Jin, G., C. Deng, Y. Xu, J. Yang, and S. Liao, "Differential frequency-reconfigurable antenna based on dipoles for sub-6 GHz 5G and WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 19, No. 3, 472-476, 2020.
4. Zeng, J. and K. M. Luk, "Single-layered broadband magnetoelectric dipole antenna for new 5G application," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 18, No. 5, 911-915, 2019.
5. Sim, C. Y. D., H. Y. Liu, and C. J. Huang, "Wideband MIMO antenna array design for future mobile devices operating in the 5G NR frequency bands n77/n78/n79 and LTE band 46," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 19, No. 1, 74-78, 2020.
6. Tefiku, F. and E. Yamashita, "Double-sided printed strip antenna for dual frequency operation," IEEE Antennas Propag. Soc. AP-S Int. Symp., Vol. 1, 50-53, 1996.
7. Tefiku, F. and C. A. Grimes, "Design of broad-band and dual-band antennas comprised of series-fed printed-strip dipole pairs," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 48, No. 6, 895-900, 2000.
8. Quan, X., R. Li, Y. Cui, and M. M. Tentzeris, "Analysis and design of a compact dual-band directional antenna," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 547-550, 2012.
9. Li, R. L., X. L. Quan, Y. H. Cui, and M. M. Tentzeris, "Directional triple-band planar antenna for WLAN/WiMax access points," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 6, 305-306, 2012.
10. Tao, J. and Q. Feng, "Dual-band magnetoelectric dipole antenna with dual-sense circularly polarized character," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 65, No. 11, 5677-5685, Nov. 2017.
11. Tao, J., Q. Feng, and T. Liu, "Dual-wideband magnetoelectric dipole antenna with director loaded," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 10, 1885-1889, 2018.
12. Tao, J., Q. Feng, G. A. E. Vandenbosch, and V. Volskiy, "Director-loaded magneto-electric dipole antenna with wideband at gain," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 67, No. 11, 6761-6769, 2019.
13. Guo, Y. Q., Y. M. Pan, and S. Y. Zheng, "Design of series-fed, single-layer, and wideband millimeter-wave microstrip arrays," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 68, No. 10, 7017-7026, 2020.