A wideband magneto-electric (ME) dipole with characteristics of dual-circular polarization is presented in this paper. The proposed antenna is composed of four horizontal radiation patches, four pairs of vertical radiation patches, a ground plane, a pair of wideband feeding networks, and novel crossed feeding structures which work as wideband 3-stage impedance matching transitions. The feeding networks which contain a Wilkinson power divider and a coupled-line phase shifter are printed on the bottom of the ground plane, and they can provide stable two-way output wideband signals with quadrature-phase. The proposed antenna works as a ME dipole with a wide operation bandwidth of 53.2% (S11 < -10 dB, and Axial Ratio (AR) < 3 dB) from 1.71 GHz to 2.95 GHz for right-hand circular polarization (RHCP) and 62% from 1.7 GHz to 3.25 GHz for left-hand circular polarization (LHCP), respectively.
2. Ta, S. X., I. Park, and R. W. Ziolkowski, "Circularly polarized crossed dipole on an HIS for 2.4/5.2/5.8-GHz WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 1464-1467, 2013.
3. Sim, C., Y. Hsu, and G. Yang, "Slits loaded circularly polarized universal UHF RFID reader antenna," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 827-830, 2015.
4. Arnieri, E., L. Boccia, G. Amendola, and G. D. Massa, "Acompact high gain antenna for small satellite application," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, No. 2, 277-282, 2007.
5. Le, T. T. and H. H. Tran, "Dual-band dual-sense circularly polarized antenna based on crossed dipole structure for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Eng., Vol. 29, No. 10, e21866, 2019.
6. Chaudhuri, S., R. S. Kshetrimayum, and R. K. Sonkar, "High inter-port isolation dual circularly polarized slot antenna with interdigital capacitor," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Eng., Vol. 29, No. 10, e21903, 2019.
7. Saini, R. K., P. S. Bakariya, and P. Kumar, "Coplanar waveguide fed dual-band dual-sense circular polarized square slot antenna," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Eng., Vol. 28, No. 9, e21503, 2018.
8. Xu, L., W. J. Lu, C. Y. Yuan, and L. Zhu, "Dual circularly polarized loop antenna using a pair of resonant even-modes," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Eng., Vol. 29, No. 6, e21703, 2019.
9. Luk, K. and H. Wong, "A new wideband unidirectional antenna element," Int. J. Microw. Opt. Technol., Vol. 1, No. 1, 35-44, 2006.
10. Yang, K. W., F. S. Zhang, C. Li, Z. H. Zhang, and F. Zhang, "A wideband aperture coupled magneto-electric dipole with high gain stability," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Eng., Vol. 30, No. 7, e22197, 2020.
11. Yan, S., P. J. Soh, and G. A. E. Vandenbosch, "Wearable dual-band magneto-electric dipole antenna for WBAN/WLAN applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 63, No. 9, 4165-4169, 2015.
12. Kang, K., Y. Shi, and C. H. Liang, "Substrate integrated magneto-electric dipole for UWB application," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 948-951, 2017.
13. Ding, C. and K. Luk, "Low-profile magneto-electric dipole antenna," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 15, 1642-1644, 2016.
14. Wu, F. and K. M. Luk, "A reconfigurable magneto-electric dipole antenna using bent cross-dipole feed for polarization diversity," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 412-415, 2017.
15. Shi, Y., Y. Cai, X. F. Zhang, and K. Kang, "A simple tri-polarization reconfigurable magneto-electric dipole antenna," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 2, 291-294, 2018.
16. Wu, B. Q. and K. Luk, "A broadband dual-polarized magneto-electric dipole antenna with simple feeds," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 60-63, 2009.
17. Xue, Q., S. W. Liao, and J. H. Xu, "A differentially-driven dual-polarized magneto-electric dipole antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 1, 425-430, 2013.
18. Siu, L., H. Wong, and K. M. Luk, "A dual-polarized magneto-electric dipole with dielectric loading," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 3, 616-623, 2009.
19. Chen, W., Z. Yu, J. Zhai, and J. Zhou, "Developing wideband dual-circularly polarized antenna with simple feeds using magnetoelectric dipoles," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 19, No. 6, 1037-1041, 2020.
20. Feng, B., L. Li, K. L. Chung, and Y. Li, "Wideband widebeam dual circularly polarized magnetoelectric dipole antenna/array with meta-columns loading for 5G and beyond," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 69, No. 1, 219-228, 2021.
21. Tianang, E. G., M. A. Elmansouri, L. Boskovic, and D. S. Filipovic, "Design of a dual-circularly polarized X-band active phased array based on a balanced-diplexer," 2019 IEEE International Symposium on Phased Array System & Technology (PAST), 1-5, 2019.
22. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and Q. Xue, "An analytical approach for a novel coupled-line dual-band Wilkinson power divider," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 59, No. 2, 286-294, 2011.
23. Liu, Q., H. Liu, and Y. Liu, "Compact ultra-wideband 90◦ phase shifter using short-circuited stub and weak coupled line," Electron. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 20, 1454-1456, 2014.
24. Ge, L., X. Yang, D. Zhang, M. Li, and H. Wong, "Polarization-reconfigurable magnetoelectric dipole antenna for 5G Wi-Fi," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 1504-1507, 2017.
25. Sun, K., D. Yang, and S. Liu, "A wideband hybrid feeding circularly polarized magneto-electric dipole antenna for 5G Wi-Fi," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 60, No. 8, 1837-1842, 2018.