In order to solve the nonlinear and coupling problems of three-pole hybrid magnetic bearing, a six-pole outer rotor hybrid magnetic bearing (HMB) is proposed. Firstly, the structure and working principle of the six-pole outer rotor HMB are introduced. Secondly, the linearity and coupling characteristics curves between radial suspension force and control current are analyzed and verified by the finite element method. In comparison with the analysis results of the three-pole HMB, there is no electromagnetic coupling between radial two degrees of freedom of the six-pole outer rotor HMB, and the nonlinear problem of force-current characteristic is solved. Finally, an experimental platform is built. The research results show that the maximum bearing capacity of the six-pole outer rotor HMB is 32.3% higher than that of the three-pole HMB. The suspension force-current characteristic experiment shows that the suspension force-current properties of the six pole outer rotor hybrid magnetic bearing can be considered linear near the equilibrium position, and there is no magnetic coupling between two radial degrees of freedom of the six pole outer rotor HMB near the equilibrium position.
2. Ye, X. and P. Bao, "Finite element analysis of fault tolerance method for eight-pole hybrid magnetic bearing," 2020 IEEE International Conference on Applied Superconductivity and Electromagnetic Devices (ASEMD), 1-2, 2020.
3. Usman, I., M. Paone, K. Smeds, and X. Lu, "Radially biased axial magnetic bearings/motors for precision rotary-axial spindles," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 16, No. 3, 411-420, Jun. 2011.
4. Le, Y. and K. Wang, "Design and optimization method of magnetic bearing for high-speed motor considering eddy current effects," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 21, No. 4, 2061-2072, Aug. 2016.
5. Peng, C., J. Sun, X. Song, and J. Fang, "Frequency-varying current harmonics for active magnetic bearing via multiple resonant controllers," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 64, No. 1, 517-526, Jan. 2017.
6. Gu, H., H. Zhu, and Y. Hua, "Soft sensing modeling of magnetic suspension rotor displacements based on continuous hidden markov model," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 28, No. 3, 1-5, Apr. 2018.
7. Yu, J. and C. Zhu, "A multifrequency disturbances identification and suppression method for the self-sensing AMB rotor system," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 65, No. 8, 6382-6392, Aug. 2018.
8. Zhang, W.-Y., H.-Q. Zhu, Z.-B. Yang, X.-D. Sun, and Y. Yuan, "Nonlinear model analysis and 'switching model" of AC-DC three degree of freedom hybrid magnetic bearing," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 21, No. 2, 1102-1115, Apr. 2016.
9. Zhang, W.-Y., H.-K. Yang, L. Cheng, and H.-Q. Zhu, "Modeling based on exact segmentation of magnetic eld for a centripetal force type-magnetic bearing," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 67, No. 9, 7691-7701, Sept. 2020.
10. Wang, S.-S., H.-Q. Zhu, M.-Y. Wu, and W.-Y. Zhang, "Active disturbance rejection decoupling control for three-degree-of-freedom six-pole active magnetic bearing based on BP neural network," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 30, No. 4, 1-5, Jun. 2020.
11. Liu, G., H.-Q. Zhu, and W.-Y. Zhang, "Principle and performance analysis for six-pole hybrid magnetic bearing with a secondary air gap," Electronics Letters, Vol. 57, No. 14, 548-549, 2021.