The planar physical model of ultra-broadband unidirectional waveguide based on surface magnetoplasmons (SMPs) has been derived and calculated in detail, but the coaxial physical model of ultra-broadband unidirectional waveguide based on SMPs has not been reported. Based on the gyromagnetic properties of Ferrite (taken yttrium iron garnet as an example, abbreviated as YIG), a novel ultra-broadband unidirectional coaxial waveguide is proposed in this paper. The basic model of the waveguide is a multilayer coaxial waveguide system composed of metal-layer-YIG-YIG-metal wire. The magnetization vectors of two middle YIGs are equal and opposite. Theoretical analysis and simulation results show that the waveguide supports two unidirectional transmissions, and both unidirectional bands have excellent properties of immune scattering and back reflection. The waveguide system has the characteristics of simple structure, immune scattering, and ultra-broadband unidirectional band, which is expected to be used in all-photon communication system.
2. Zou, J., et al., "High-efficiency tunable Y-branch power splitters at terahertz frequencies," Optics Communications, Vol. 387, 153, 2017.
3. Li, W.-J., et al., "A super-continuum based all optical multi-channel source generation in radio-on-fiber system," Journal of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Vol. 34, 67, 2011.
4. Rechtsman, M. C., et al., "Photonic floquet topological insulators," Nature, Vol. 496, 196, 2013.
5. Zhang, X., W. Li, and X. Jiang, "Confined one-way mode at magnetic domain wall for broadband high-efficiency one-way waveguidesplitter and bender," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 100, 1108, 2012.
6. Deng, X., L. Hong, X. Zheng, and L. Shen, "One-way regular electromagnetic mode immune to backscattering," Applied Optics, Vol. 54, 4608, 2015.
7. Zhu, G., J. Wen, and L. Wang, "Terahertz optical properties of surface magnetoplasmons in both prism-semiconductor-metal and prism-metal-semiconductor coupled systems," Optics Communications, Vol. 474, 126068, 2020.
8. Shen, L., Y. You, Z. Wang, and X. Deng, "Backscattering-immune one-way surface magnetoplasmons at terahertz frequencies," Optics Express, Vol. 23, 950, 2015.
9. Hong, L., et al., "Magnetic field assisted beam-scanning leaky-wave antenna utilizing one-way waveguide," Scientific Reports, Vol. 9, 213, 2019.
10. Liu, K., T. Amir, and S. He, "One-way surface magnetoplasmon cavity and its application for nonreciprocal devices," Optics Letters, Vol. 41, 800, 2016.
11. Hartstein, A., E. Burstein, A. A. Maradudin, R. Brewer, and R. F. Wallis, "Surface polaritons on semi-infinite gyromagnetic media," Journal of Physics C: Solid State Physic, Vol. 6, 1266, 1973.
12. Shen, Q., L. Shen, Y. Shen, Y. You, and X. Deng, "Ultra-broadband unidirectional waveguide based on magnetic domain wall," Journal of Data Acquisition and Processing, Vol. 34, 659, 2019.