In this article, we present the design and production of a miniaturized adjustable coupler with optimized dimensions of 48 mm in length and 31 mm in width. This coupler offers the possibility of covering all phases [0, 45°, 90°, 120° and 180°]. To be able to achieve this, the proposed coupler can be adjusted through the implementation of six SMV2019-079LF diodes which allow shifting from one phase to another. This new flexibility, in terms of phase shifting, can greatly improve the multifunctional use of this small and efficient coupler, in particular, in comparison with previously improved phase shifting couplers which are limited to one or two phases. The high performance and efficiency have been verified by the results obtained by simulation and measurement.
2. Han, K., W. Li, and Y. Liu, "Flexible phase difference of 4x4 Butler matrix without phase-shifters and crossovers," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2019, Article ID 4703161, 7 pages, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/4703161.
3. Hao, Z. C., W. Hong, J. X. Chen, H. X. Zhou, and K. Wu, "Single-layer substrate integrated waveguide directional couplers," IEE Proc. Microwave Antennas Propag., Vol. 153, No. 5, 426-431, Oct. 2006.
4. Babale, S. A., S. K. Abdul Rahim, O. A. Barro, M. Himdi, and M. Khalily, "Single layered 4 x 4 Butler matrix without phase-shifters and crossovers," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 77289-77298, 2018.
5. Wang, Y., K. Ma, N. Yan, and L. Li, "Design of broad band SIW couplers with 45◦ and 90◦ phase difference," Proceedings of iWEM 2014, Sapporo, Japan, 2014.
6. Liu, H., X. Li, Y. Guo, S.-J. Fang, and Z. Wang, "Design of filtering coupled-line trans-directional coupler with broadband bandpass response," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 100, 163-173, 2021.
7. Muquaddar, A., K. K. Sharma, and R. P. Yadav, "Design and analysis of a stub-less capacitive loaded branch line coupler with improved bandwidth performance," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 95, 105-114, 2020.
8. Liu, H., X. Wang, T. Zhang, S.-J. Fang, and Z. Wang, "Design of full-360◦ reflection-type phase shifter using trans-directional coupler with multi-resonance loads," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 101, 63-70, 2021.
9., "Microwave power dividers and couplers tutorial," http://www.markimicrowave.com/menus/appno- tes/Microwave Power Dividers and Couplers Primer.pdf, Marki Microwave, accessed Jan. 2012.
10. Pozar, D., Microwave Engineering, 3rd Edition, Wiley, New York, 2005.
11., , https://www.keysight.com/zz/en/home.html, Jan. 2022.
12. Moubadir, M., H. Aziz, N. A. Touhami, and A. Mohamed, "A miniaturized branch-line hybrid coupler microstrip for long term evolution applications," Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 22, 491-497, 2018.
13. Dinh, T. A. N., L. H. Duc, D. B. Gia, and D. Dancila, "A design of wideband high-power 3-dB quadrature coupler using defected ground structure for status data transmitting system," Bulletin of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Vol. 9, No. 1, Feb. 2020.