A triple band artificial magnetic conductor (AMC) featuring zero reflection phase at 1.18 GHz, 1.59 GHz, and 2.45 GHz is designed and modeled. A square patch is used to achieve the first resonance. The other two resonance frequencies are generated by two square slots inserted in the first patch. All the three resonant frequencies are adjusted independently of each other and easily predicted by the developed analytical model. A good agreement between electromagnetic simulation and analytical results is obtained with a resonance frequency shift lower than 120 MHz.
2. Alibakhshikenari, M., et al., "Surface wave reduction in antenna arrays using metasurface inclusion for MIMO and SAR systems," Radio Science, Vol. 54, No. 11, 1067-1075, 2019.
3. Alibakhshikenari, M., B. S. Virdee, and E. Limiti, "Study on isolation and radiation behaviours of a 34 × 34 array-antennas based on SIW and metasurface properties for applications in terahertz and over 125-300 GHz," Optik, Vol. 206, Art. No. 163222, Mar. 2020.
4. Alibakhshikenari, M., et al., "Metamaterial-Inspired antenna array for application in Microwave breast imaging systems for tumor detection," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 174667-174678, 2020.
5. Ge, Y., Y. J. Zhao, and J. Q. Chen, "Wideband RCS reduction and gain enhancement for a patch antenna with broadband AMC structure," Radio Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 1, 45-52, 2019.
6. Ren, Y., X. Guo, and C. Li, "Broadband circular polarized antenna loaded with AMC structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 76, 113-119, 2018.
7. Sang, X.-Y., C. Yang, T.-L. Zhang, Z.-H. Yan, and R.-N. Lian, "Broadband and gain enhanced bowtie antenna with AMC ground," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letter, Vol. 61, 25-30, 2016.
8. Li, M., Q. L. Li, B. Wang, C. F. Zhou, and S. W. Cheung, "A low-profile dual-polarized dipole antenna using wideband AMC re ector," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 66, No. 5, 2610-2615, May 2018.
9. Volkov, A. P., V. V. Kakshin, I. Yu. Ryzhov, K. V. Kozlov, and A. Yu. Grinev, "Wideband low-profile dual-polarized antenna with AMC re ector," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letter, Vol. 88, 15-20, 2020.
10. Ta, S. X. and I. Park, "Dual-band low-profile crossed asymmetric dipole antenna on dual-band AMC structure," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Lett., Vol. 13, 587-590, 2014.
11. Chamani, Z. and S. Jahanbakht, "Improved performance of double-T monopole antenna for 2.4/5.6 GHz dual-band WLAN operation using artificial magnetic conductors," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 61, 205-213, 2017.
12. Kumar, P. and D. Ghosh, "High-gain dual-band antenna with AMC surface for satellite communications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 35, No. 5, 604-619, Nov. 2020.
13. Sarrazin, J., A. C. Lepage, and X. Begaud, "Dual-band artificial magnetic conductor," Appl. Phys. A, Vol. 109, No. 4, 1075-1080, 2012.
14. Dewan, R., S. K. A. Rahim, S. F. Ausordin, and H. U. Iddi, "Design of triple band artificial magnetic conductor," IEEE Asia-Pacific Conference on Applied Electromagnetics, 253-256, 2012.
15. Fneish, Z., F. Mazeh, H. Ayad, A. A. Khalil, G. Faour, M. Fadlallah, and J. Jomaah, "Design of a miniaturized dual wide band and triband artificial magnetic conductor in LTE regions," 2017 Sensors Networks Smart and Emerging Technologies (SENSET), 978-1-5090-601, IEEE, 2017.
16. Ghosh, A., T. Mandal, and S. Das, "Design of triple band slot-patchantenna with improved gain using triple band artificial magnetic conductor," Radio Engineering, Vol. 25, No. 3, 442-448, 2016.
17. Ghosh, A., V. Kumar, G. Sen, and S. Das, "Gain enhancement of triple-band patch antenna by using triple-band artificial magnetic conductor," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 12, No. 8, 1400-1406, 2018.
18. Ihsan, R. R. and A. Munir, "Utilization of artificial magnetic conductor for bandwidth enhancement of square patch antenna," 7th International Conference on Telecommunication Systems, Services and Applications, 192-195, Bali, Indonesia, 2012, DOI: 10.1109/TSSA.2012.6366049.
19. Capolino, F., Theory and Phenomena of Metamaterials, Chapter 32, 32-1, Taylor & Francis, 2009.
20. Suraperwata, A. V., L. Olivia, and A. Munir, "Inductance and capacitance reformulation of square patch-based artificial magnetic conductor," Proc. 7th International Conference on Telecommunication Systems, Services, and Applications (TSSA), 187-191, 2012.