In this paper we present a high pass filter based on half mode substrate integrated waveguide HMSIW technology dedicated to the transmission of microwave signals range from 6 GHz to 18 GHz. The taper is used for microstripe to SIW transition. We designed SIW line transmission using CST and HFSS simulators on a Rogers RT5880 substrate with dielectric constant of 2.2 and thickness of 0.508 mm, and we used the half mode technique for miniaturizing the filter size and achieving a size reduction about of 50%. The fabricated filter size is 60 x 12 mm2. The lower measured return loss is about -51 dB. We compared the simulation results with measurement ones for validating our proposal. Good agreement between CST, HFSS and measurement results is observed.
2. Rabah, M., M. Abri, H. Badaoui, J. Tao, and T. H. Vuong, "Compact miniaturized half-mode waveguide/high pass-filter design based on SIW technology screens transmit," IEEE C-Band Signals, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 58, No. 2, 414-418, 2016.
3. Rabah, M. A., M. Abri, J. Tao, and T. H. Vuong, "Substrate integrated waveguide design using the two dimensional finite element method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 35, 21-30, 2014.
4. Cross, L. W., M. J. Almalkawi, and V. K. Devabhaktuni, "Half mode substrate-integrated waveguide-loaded evanescent-mode band pass filter," Wiley Int. J. RF Microwave Comput. Aided Eng., Vol. 23, No. 2, 172-177, 2012.
5. Fellah, B. and M. Abri, "Design of antipodal linearly tapered slot antennas (ALTSA) arrays in SIW technology for UWB imaging," Springer: Recent Adv. Electr. Eng. Control. Appl., Vol. 411, 381-389, 2016.
6. Doucha, S., M. Abri, H. Abri Badaoui, and B. Fellah, "A leaky wave antenna design based on half- mode substrate integrated waveguide technology for X band application," International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE), Vol. 7, No. 6, 3467-3474, 2017.
7. Huang, L. and H. Cha, "Compact ridged half-mode substrate integrated waveguide bandpass filter," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 25, No. 4, 223-225, 2015.
8. Fellah, B., M. Abri, and H. Badaoui, "Optimized bends, corporate 1 × 4 and 1 × 8 SIW power dividers junctions analysis for V-band applications using a rigorous finite element method," Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Vol. 41, No. 9, 3335-3343, 2016.
9. Lai, Q., C. Fumeaux, W. Hong, and R. Vahldieck, "Characterization of the propagation properties of the half-mode substrate integrated waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Technique, Vol. 57, No. 8, 1996-2004, 2009.
10. Bozzi, M., A. Georgiadis, and K. Wu, "Review of substrate-integrated waveguide circuits and antennas," IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 5, No. 8, 909-920, 2011.
11. Yan, L. and W. Hong, "Investigations on the propagation characteristics of the substrate integrated waveguide based on the method of lines," Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng. H, Vol. 152, No. 1, 35-42, 2005.