A frequency multiplexed coding metasurface controlling beam is proposed to enrich the functions of a single metasurface. A square F4B dielectric substrate with a copper-clad bottom surface and a V-shaped and quadrangular cross-shaped metal structure is used as the unit. Applying the different responses of x and y polarized waves and optimization of structural parameters, we can obtain 1-bit coding units for the two frequency bands. The reflection phase can be modulated independently of each other. The design of a dual-band metasurface with different beam splitting effects was realized, achieving the goal of different frequency multiplexing functions on a single metasurface. An RCS reduction of 11 dB at 12 GHz and a double beam splitting at 20 GHz with a pitch angle of ±47.6° are achieved by metasurface. The test results agree well with the simulation results. The proposed metasurfaces offer a simple structure, low cost, good performance, and promising great applications in areas such as frequency multiplexed communications.
2. Wu, R. Y., L. Bao, and L. W. Wu, "Broadband transmission-type 1-bit coding metasurface for electromagnetic beam forming and scanning," Mechanics and Astronomy, Vol. 63, 284211, 2021.
3. Arbabi, E., A. Arbabi, and S. M. Kamali, "Multiwavelength polarization-insensitive lenses based on dielectric metasurfaces with meta-molecules," Optica, Vol. 3, 628-633, 2016.
4. Shen, Z., B. Jin, and J. Zhao, "Design of transmission-type coding metasurface and its application of beam forming," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 109, 1119-1121, 2016.
5. Shang, G. Y. and H. Y. Li, "Coding metasurface holography with polarization-multiplexed functionality," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 129, 34-35, 2021.
6. Zhang, L. and X. Wan, "Realization of low scattering for a high-gain Fabry-Perot antenna using coding metasurface," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, 3374-3383, 2017.
7. Bai, G. D., Q. Ma, and I. Shahid, "Multitasking shared aperture enabled with multiband digital coding metasurface," Advanced Optical Materials, Vol. 6, 1-10, 2018.
8. Cui, T. J., M. Qi, and X. Wan, "Coding metamaterials, digital metamaterials and programming metamaterials," Light: Science & Applications, Vol. 3, 218, 2014.
9. Liu, S., T. J. Cui, and L. Zhang, "Convolution operations on coding metasurface to reach flexible and continuous controls of terahertz beams," Advanced Science, Vol. 3, 1600156, 2016.
10. Iqbal, S., H. Rajabalipanah, and L. Zhang, "Frequency-multiplexed pure-phase microwave meta-holograms using bi-spectral 2-bit coding metasurfaces," Nanophotonics, Vol. 9, 703-714, 2020.
11. Fu, C. and C. Liu, "Reflection-type 1-bit coding metasurface for RCS reduction combined diffusion and reflection," Journal of Physics D Applied Physics, Vol. 53, 5107, 2020.
12. Li, J., J. Feng, and B. Li, "Dual-band transmissive cross-polarization converter with extremely high polarization conversion ratio using transmitarray," Materials, Vol. 12, 1827, 2019.
13. Zhu, L., T. C. Li, and J. H. Huang, "Frequency coding all-dielectric metasurface for flexible control of electromagnetic radiation," Applied Physics A, Vol. 127, 131, 2021.
14. Xie, R., G. Zhai, and J. Gao, "Multifunctional geometric metasurfaces based on tri-spectral meta-atoms with completely independent phase modulations at three wavelengths," Advanced Theory and Simulations, Vol. 3, 2000090, 2020.
15. Lin, J., C. Chen, and J. Ding, "Dual-frequency multiple compact vortex beams generation based on single-layer Bi-spectral metasurface," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 119, 081905, 2021.