A compact Sub-6 GHz Multiple-input Multiple-output (MIMO) antenna based on a complementary split-ring resonator (CSRR) and electromagnetic bandgap (EBG) is proposed in this paper. The antenna has an interesting structure and a compact size of 38×38 mm2. Four identical antenna elements are deposited orthogonally to each other, using polarization diversity and adding decoupling structures, so that good isolation and miniaturized size can be obtained. The isolation is less than -17.5 dB in the operating bandwidth of 3.28-3.62 GHz and -19.5 dB in 4.78-5.04 GHz. The simulation results are consistent with the measured ones, indicating that the antenna is suitable for Sub-6 GHz communication equipments.
2. Al-Bawri, S. S., M. T. Islam, T. Shabbir, G. Muhammad, M. S. Islam, and H. Y. Wong, Hexagonal shaped near zero index (NZI) metamaterial based MIMO antenna for millimeter-wave application, Vol. 8, 181003-181013, IEEE Access, 2020.
3. Zhao, L. and K. Wu, "A dual-band coupled resonator decoupling network for two coupled antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 63, No. 7, 2843-2850, Jul. 2015.
4. Khan, A., S. Bashir, S. Ghafoor, and K. K. Qureshi, "Mutual coupling reduction using ground stub and EBG in a compact wideband MIMO-antenna," IEEE Access, Vol. 9, 40972-40979, 2021.
5. Jamal, M. Y., M. Li, and K. L. Yeung, "Isolation enhancement of closely packed dual circularly polarized MIMO antenna using hybrid technique," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 11241-11247, 2020.
6. Yin, B., S. Zhao, P. Wang, and X. Feng, "Isolation improvement of compact microbase station antenna based on metasurface spatial filtering," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 63, No. 1, 57-65, Feb. 2021.
7. Khan, M. S., A. Capobianco, S. M. Asif, D. E. Anagnostou, R. M. Shubair, and B. D. Braaten, "A compact CSRR-enabled UWB diversity antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagat., Vol. 16, 808-812, 2017.
8. Dash, J. C. and D. Sarkar, "A four-port CSRR-loaded dual-band MIMO antenna with suppressed higher order modes," IEEE Access, Vol. 10, 30770-30778, 2022.
9. Ren, Y., K. Li, F. Wang, B. Gao, and H. Wu, "A broadband magnetic coupling microstrip to waveguide transition using complementary split ring resonators," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 17347-17353, 2019.
10. Abbas, A., N. Hussain, J. Lee, S. G. Park, and N. Kim, "Triple rectangular notch UWB antenna using EBG and SRR," IEEE Access, Vol. 9, 2508-2515, 2021.
11. Al-Hasan, M. J., T. A. Denidni, and A. R. Sebak, "Millimeter-wave compact EBG structure for mutual coupling reduction applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 63, No. 2, 823-828, Feb. 2015.
12. Deng, H., T. Xu, Y. Xue, F. Liu, and L. Sun, "Closely spaced broadband MIMO differential filtering slotline antenna with CM suppression," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagat., Vol. 17, No. 12, 2498-2502, Dec. 2018.
13. Boukarkar, A., X. Q. Lin, Y. Jiang, L. Y. Nie, P. Mei, and Y. Q. Yu, "A miniaturized extremely close-spaced four-element dual-band MIMO antenna system with polarization and pattern diversity," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagat., Vol. 17, No. 1, 134-137, Jan. 2018.
14. Tripathi, S., A. Mohan, and S. Yadav, "A compact Koch fractal UWB MIMO antenna with WLAN band-rejection," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagat., Vol. 14, 1565-1568, 2015.
15. Jiang, W., Y. Liu, Y. Cui, B. Wang, and S. Gong, "Compact wide-band MIMO antenna with high port isolation," 12th European Conference on Antennas and Propagat., 1-3, 2018.
16. Gomez-Villanueva, R. and H. Jardon-Aguilar, "Compact UWB uniplanar four-port MIMO antenna array with rejecting band," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagat., Vol. 18, No. 12, 2543-2547, Dec. 2019.
17. Mao, C. and Q. Chu, "Compact coradiator UWB-MIMO antenna with dual polarization," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagat., Vol. 62, No. 9, 4474-4480, Sept. 2014.
18. Saxena, S., B. K. Kanaujia, S. Dwari, S. Kumar, H. C. Choi, and K. W. Kim, "Planar four-port dual circularly-polarized MIMO antenna for sub-6 GHz band," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 90779-90791, 2020.