In this paper, a novel flexible antenna for the new ISM band is proposed. A multi-objective optimization based on DDEA-SE is performed to optimize the antenna bandwidth and gain. The proposed optimized antenna has a 4 dB maximum realized gain and 50% maximum radiation efficiency on the ISM band. A fractal structure is used in this design to achieve a multi-band antenna. The bandwidth of this antenna covers several 5G bands. This multi-band antenna is fabricated on a cotton substrate. This antenna has a small dimension which makes it suitable for 5G applications. The bending tests are performed, and both simulation and measurement results show the good performance of the proposed antenna.
2. Choi, J., J. Park, Y. Youn, W. Hwang, H. Seong, Y. N. Whang, and W. Hong, "Frequency- adjustable planar folded slot antenna using fully integrated multithrow function for 5G mobile devices at millimeter-wave spectrum," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 68, No. 5, 1872-1881, 2020.
3. Nouri, M., S. A. Aghdam, A. Jafarieh, N. K. Mallat, M. H. Jamaluddin, and M. Dor-Emami, "An optimized small compact rectangular antenna with meta-material based on fast multi-objective optimization for 5G mobile communication," Journal of Computational Electronics, 1-9, 2021.
4. Nouri, M., S. Abazari Aghdam, A. Jafarieh, J. Bagby, and S. Sahebghalam, "A wideband millimeter-wave antenna based on quasi Yagi antenna with MIMO circular array antenna beamforming for 5G wireless networks," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 61, No. 7, 1810-1814, 2019.
5. Mabrouk, I. B., M. Nedil, T. A. Denidni, and A. R. Sebak, "A novel design of radiation pattern-reconfigurable antenna system for millimeter-wave 5G applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 68, No. 4, 2585-2592, 2019.
6. Nouri, M., A. Jafarieh, H. Behroozi, N. K. Mallat, M. H. Jamaluddin, and S. A. Aghdam, "Compact 5G millimeter-wave dual-band filter with application in filtenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 63, No. 2, 620-625, 2021.
7. Mallat, N. K., M. Nouri, S. A. Aghdam, M. T. Zia, B. Harb, and A. Jafarieh, "A dual circularly reconfigurable polarization patch antenna for fifth generation mobile communication systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 105, 73-84, 2020.
8. Iqbal, A., A. Basir, A. Smida, N. K. Mallat, I. Elfergani, J. Rodriguez, and S. Kim, "Electromagnetic bandgap backed millimeter-wave MIMO antenna for wearable applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 111135-111144, 2019.
9. Wagih, M., A. S. Weddell, and S. Beeby, "Millimeter-wave textile antenna for on-body RF energy harvesting in future 5G networks," 2019 IEEE Wireless Power Transfer Conference (WPTC), 245-248, IEEE, June 2019.
10. Jilani, S. F., Q. H. Abbasi, and A. Alomainy, "Inkjet-printed millimetre-wave PET-based flexible antenna for 5G wireless applications," 2018 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Workshop Series on 5G Hardware and System Technologies (IMWS-5G), 1-3, IEEE, August 2018.
11. Jafarieh, A., M. Nouri, and H. Behroozi, "Optimized 5G-MMW compact Yagi-Uda antenna based on machine learning methodology," 2021 29th Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE), 751-756, IEEE, May 18, 2021.
12. Pietrenko Dabrowska, A. and S. Koziel, "Computationally efficient design optimisation of antennas by accelerated gradient search with sensitivity and design change monitoring," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 14, No. 2, 165-170, 2020.
13. Wang, H., Y. Jin, C. Sun, and J. Doherty, "Offline data-driven evolutionary optimization using selective surrogate ensembles," IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 23, No. 2, 203-216, 2018.