The properties of the angular glint of radar reflections from the propeller hub are considered. Analytical expressions were obtained based on a known multipoint geometric model of the propeller hub to calculate the probability density function parameters of angular glint for the planes, azimuth, and elevation angle for a single-blade rotor at an arbitrary rotation angle of the head. The relations obtained for a propeller hub with a single blade are generalized to the case of a propeller hub with an arbitrary number of blades. It is shown that the angular glint of the propeller hub is a random process with periodically changing parameters. The theoretical results are confirmed by mathematical modeling.
2. Sabitov, T. I., A. V. Kiselev, M. A. Stepanov, and M. V. Oreshkina, "Simulation of reflected signals in dual-position radar systems," Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 12, No. 11, 1082-1089, 2021, doi: 10.1080/2150704X.2021.1964708.
3. Sayama, H., Introduction to the Modeling and Analysis of Complex Systems, Paperback, 2015.
4. Zuo, L., M. Li, X.-W. Zhang, and Y. Wu, "Two helicopter classification methods with a high pulse repetition frequency radar," IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 7, No. 3, 312-320, 2013, doi: 10.1049/iet-rsn.2012.0278.
5. Stepanov, M. A. and A. V. Kiselev, "Replacement of a complex radar object by a two-point model," Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences International, Vol. 58, No. 4, 595-600, 2019, doi: 10.1134/S1064230719040063.
6. Guillaume, P., J.-F. Degurse, L. Savy, M. Mantecor, and J.-L. Milin, "Modelling the radar signature of rotorcraft," IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 15, No. 8, 867-883, 2021, doi: 10.1049/rsn2.12062.
7. Wu, W.-R., "Aarget tracking with glint noise," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 29, No. 1, 174-185, 1993.
8. Sui, M. and X. Xu, "Angular glint calculations and analysis of radar targets via adaptive cross approximation algorithm," Journal of Systems Engineering and Electronics, Vol. 25, No. 3, 411-421, 2014.
9. Guo, K., G. Xiao, Y. Zhai, and X. Sheng, "Angular glint error simulation using attributed scattering center models," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 35194-35205, 2018.
10. Ostrovityanov, R. V. and F. A. Basalov, Statistical Theory of Extended Radar Targets, Soviet Radio Publishing House, Moscow, 1982; Artech House, Debham, MA, 1985.
11. Huang, P. and H. Yin, "Angular glint of extended targets," Journal of Systems Engineering and Electronics, No. 12, 1-18, 1990.
12. Wang, C.-Q., X.-M.Wang, and X.-L. Shi, "Angular glint of aircraft formation and its applications," Binggong Xuebao/Acta Armamentarii, Vol. 29, No. 2, 1479-1484, 2008.
13. Yin, H. and P. Huang, "Methods of angular glint of aircraft augmentation --- A new thchnique of stealth," Journal of Astronautics, Vol. 20, No. 4, 80-87, 1994.
14. Zhou, Z., Z. He, X. Zhao, and Y. Luo, "Practicable research on suppressing angular glint base on the targets RCS weights," 6th International Conference on Wireless Communications Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM), 1-5, 2010.
15. Yu, Y., J. Song, and W. Xiong, "Design and implementation of a hardware-in-loop radar simulation test system," 2019 2nd IEEE International Conference on Information Communication and Signal Processing, 161-164, 2019.
16. Chandler, C. A., "Electronic target position control at millimeter wave for hardware-in-the-loop applications,", US 2008/0088501, 2008.
17. Huang, P. and H. Yin, Characteristics of Rader Targets, 157-162, Press of Electronic Industry, Beijing, 2005.
18. Knott, E. F., J. F. Schaeffer, and M. T. Tuley, Radar Cross Section, Artech House, NY, 1985.
19. Jenn, D. C., Radar and Laser Cross Section, AIAA, Vierdgenia, 2005.
20. Point, G. and L. Savy, "Simple modelling of the radar signature of helicopters," Radar 2017 --- International Conference on Radar Systems, 1-6, Belfast, 2017, doi: 10.1049/cp.2017.0425.
21. Point, G., J.-F. Degurse, L. Savy, J. Milin, and M. Montecot, "Parametric modelling of the radar signature of helicopters," 2019 International Radar Conference, 1-6, Toulon, 2019, doi: 10.1109/RADAR41533.2019.171395.
22. Skolnik, M. I., Radar Handbook, 3rd Ed., McGraw-Hill, 2008.
23. Mahafza, B. R., Radar Systems Analysis and Design Using Matlab, Crc Press, 2018.