The growing interest in collision avoidance automotive radar systems in K-band necessitates the development of dedicated antenna systems with 45˚ inclined linear polarization (LP). In this letter, a 45˚ inclined LP array antenna with Taylor distribution is proposed, designed, and fabricated.
2. Wenger, J., "Automotive MM-wave holographic radar status and trends in system design and technology," IEEE Colloq. on Automo. Radar and Nav. Techn., 1998.
3. Guo, J., J. Luo, and Z. Wang, "Design of a microstrip antenna array with high gain and low side-lobe at K band," Fire Control Radar Technology, Vol. 43, 82-86, 2014.
4. Jovanović, S. P., P. B. Djondović, and M. M. Jovičić, "Realization of antenna array at K band with tailored azimuth and elevation beamwidths," 2019 14th International Conference on Advanced Technologies, Systems and Services in Telecommunications (TELSIKS), 148-151, 2019.
5. Nguyen, D. H., J. Ala-Laurinaho, J. Moll, V. Krozer, and G. Zimmer, "Improved sidelobe-suppression microstrip patch antenna array by uniform feeding networks," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 68, No. 11, 7339-7347, 2020.
6. Zhang, Q. and Y. Lu, "A novel reflection-canceling design for substrate integrated waveguide based 45-degree linearly polarized slot antenna array," 2008 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1-4, 2008.
7. Chen, Z., W. Hong, Z. Kuai, H. Tang, and J. Chen, "45◦ linearly polarizedresonant slot array antenna based on substrate integrated waveguide," 2007 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 1-4, 2007.
8., , https://www.ansys.com/products/electronics/ansys-hfss.
9. Hammerstad, E. O., "Equations for microstrip circuit design," 1975 5th European Microwave Conference, 268-272, 1975.
10. Elliott, R. S., Antenna Theory and Design, Prentice-Hall Englewood Cliffs, USA, 1981.