This work aims to evaluate the contribution of cascaded optical amplifiers in improving the performance of optical communication systems in optical access networks. This study is thus carried out by a system simulation software which presents results concerning the characteristic parameters of two optical amplifiers, EYDWA (Erbium Ytterbium Doped Waveguide Amplifier) and SOA (Semiconductor Optical Amplifier) used in cascade, namely their gains, the length of the guide and the concentration of ions.
2. http://millysu.e-monsite.com/blog/centre-de-donnees-et-cloud/abc-du-reseau-PON comprendre-olt-onu-ont-et-odn.html,.
3. Zuliyana, M., M. S. Anuar, S. A. Aljunid, A. K. Rahman, C. B. M. Rashidi, and M. S. A. Bakar, "Performance analysis of FSO with haze attenuation consequence acclimatizes in tropical rainforest environment," ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 10, February 2015.
4. Attaouia, B. and K. Malika, "Performance improvement by pre-amplifying with Erbium, Ytterbium doped devices link extenders of fiber to the home," International Journal of Information Engineering and Electronic Business, Vol. 8, No. 4, 26-34, MECS, 2016, http://www.mecspress.
5. Lai, K.-H., C.-H. Yeh, and S. Chi, "Coupled-structure erbium-doped fiber amplifier with 94-nm bandwidth," Opt. Eng., Vol. 44, 055001, 2005.
6. Jiang, C., W. Hu, and Q. Zeng, "Improved gain characteristics of high concentration erbium-doped phosphate fiber amplifier," IEEE Photonics Technol. Lett., Vol. 16, 774-776, 2004.
7. Cale, S. T-HTd, A. Salihovic, and M. Ivekovic, "Gigabit passive optical network GPON," Information Technology Interfaces, June 29, 2007.
8. Saleh, A. A. M., R. M. Jopson, J. D. Evankow, and J. Aspell, "Modeling of gain in erbium-doped fiber amplifiers," IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 2, 714, October 1990.
9. Obaid, H. M. and H. Shahid, "Achieving high gain using Er-Yb codoped waveguide/fiber optical parametric hybrid amplifier for dense wavelength division multiplexed system," Opt. Eng., Vol. 57, 056108, 1994, 2018.
10. Lecoy, P., Technologie des Telecoms, Ed, Hermes, 1995.
11. http://fr.fibresplitter.com/news/optical-amplifiers-have-revolutionized-the-lon 24291012.html,.
12. Jiang, C. and Q. Zeng, "Optimization of erbium-doped waveguide amplifier," Optic. Laser Technol., Vol. 36, 167, 2004.
13. Desurvire, E., "Ytterbium-doped fiber amplifiers," Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Vol. 26, 319-341, 1999.
15. Khaleghi, H., "Influence des amplificateurs optiques a semi-conducteurs (SOA) sur la transmission coherente de signaux optiques a format de modulation multi-porteuses (CO-OFDM),", These de doctorat de l'universite de Bretagne occidentale, 2012.
16. Kikuchi, K. and F. Koyama, "Semiconductor optical amplifiers," Springer Handbook of Lasers and Optics, 2012.
17. Singh, S. and R. S. Kaler, "Review on recent developments in hybrid optical amplifier for dense wavelength division multiplexed system," Opt. Eng., Vol. 54, No. 10, 100901, 2015.
18. https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Optical-access-system-with-fiber-and-FSO downlink-OLT-optical-line-terminal SMF_fig1_307612633.html,.
19. Berrahal, B. A., M. Anani, and A. Bendaoudi, "Optimization of an EYDWA amplifier parameters for a Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON),", Doctoral thesis from the University of Sidi Bel Abbes, 2020.
20. Weinstein, S. B., F. Giraud-Carrier, and C. Victor, Optical Communication Receiver Design, Cambridge University Press, 2013, ISBN: 9781107014136.