In this paper, we investigate the propagation behavior of electromagnetic waves through coaxial optical fiber bounded with DB-boundaries. For this purpose, an eigenvalue equation is derived by using suitable DB-boundary conditions to determine the allowed values of propagation constant β for each propagating mode. Moreover, we have analyzed the electric field and power distribution patterns through coaxial optical fiber for different propagating modes and dimensions, respectively. Our results show that small dimensional guide confinement remains maximum close to the lower interface of the guide, whereas, for larger dimensions, it shifts toward the upper interface. Investigations show that high power is confined by H12 mode compared to H11 mode, and, therefore, shows contrary behavior compared to commonly used fibers.
2. Tretyakov, S., A. Sahvola, and L. Jylha, "Backward-wave regime and negative refraction in chiral composites," Phot. And Nanost., Vol. 3, No. 2-3, 107-115, 2005.
3. Chen, J., Y. Yang, and S. Zhung, "Observation of the inverse Doppler effect in negative index materials at optical frequencies," Nat. Photon., Vol. 5, 239-245, 2011.
4. Ginis, V., J. Danckaert, I. Veretennicoff, and P. Tassin, "Controlling Cherenkov radiation with transformation optical metamaterials," Phy. Rev. Lett., Vol. 113, 167402.1-4, 2014.
5. Christensen, J. and F. J. G. de Abajo, "Negative refraction and backward waves in layered acoustic metamaterial," Phy. Rev. B, Vol. 86, 024301.1-7, 2012.
6. Monzon, C. and D. W. Forester, "Negative refraction and focusing of circularly polarized waves in optically active media," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 95, 123904.1-4, 2005.
7. Schuring, D., J. J. Mock, B. J. Justice, S. A. Cummer, J. B. Pendry, A. F. Starr, and D. R. Smith, "Metamaterial electromagnetic cloak at microwave frequencies," Science, Vol. 314, 977-980, 2006.
8. Zhu, H. and F. Semperlotti, "Metamaterial based embedded acoustic filters for structural applications," AIP Advances, Vol. 3, 092121.1-7, 2013.
9. Hummelt, J. S., S. M. Lewis, M. A. Shapiro, and R. J. Temkin, "Design of a metamaterial-based backward-wave oscillator," IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 42, 930-936, 2014.
10. Liu, W., Z. N. Chen, and X. Qing, "Metamaterial-based low-profile broadband mushroom antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, 1165-1172, 2014.
11. Rhee, J. Y., Y. J. Yoo, K. W. Kim, Y. J. Kim, and Y. P. Lee, "Metamaterial-based perfect absorbers," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 28, No. 13, 1541-1580, 2014.
12. Baqir, M. A. and P. K. Choudhury, "Propagation through uniaxial anisotropic chiral waveguide under DB-boundary conditions," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 27, No. 6, 783-793, 2013.
13. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "General electromagnetic Boundary conditions involving normal field components," IEEE Anten. and Wire. Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 877-880, 2009.
14. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Electromagnetic boundary conditions defined in terms of normal field components," IEEE Trans. on Antenn. and Propag., Vol. 58, 1128-1135, 2010.
15. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Circular waveguide with DB-boundary conditions," IEEE Trans. on Micro. Theo. and Tech., Vol. 58, No. 4, 903-909, 2010.
16. Zaluski, D., D. Muha, and S. Hrabar, "Experimental verification of metamaterial-based DB unit cell," ELMAR, Proceedings, 2012.
17. Zaluski, D., S. Hrabar, and D. Muha, "Practicle realization of DB metasurface," App. Phy. Lett., Vol. 104, 234106.1-234106.5, 2014.
18. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Electromagnetic boundary conditions and its realization with anisotropic metamaterial," Phy. Rev. E, Vol. 79, 026604.1-7, 2009.
19. Baqir, M. A. and P. K. Choudhury, "Waves in coaxial optical fiber under DB-boundaries," Optik, Vol. 125, No. 12, 2950-2953, 2014.
20. Khalid, M., A. A. Syed, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Circular cylinder with D'B, DB' and D'B' boundary conditions placed in chiral and chiral nihility media," Int. J. App. Electromag. and Mech., Vol. 44, 59-68, 2014.
21. Hussain, A., S. A. Naqvi, A. Illahi, A. A. Syed, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Fields in fractional parallel plate DB waveguides," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 125, 273-294, 2012.
22. Hassan, M. H., M. J. Mughal, M. M. Ali, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Electromagnetic fields in a circular waveguide with DB-boundary conditions internally coated with chiral-nihility medium," Int. J. Applied Electromag. and Mechanics, Vol. 40, 27-35, 2012.
23. Lindell, I. V. and A. Sihvola, "Soft-and-hard/DB boundary conditions defined by a skewon-axion medium," IEEE Trans. on Anten. and Propag., Vol. 61, No. 2, 768-774, 2013.
24. Zhang, B., H. Chen, B. I. Wu, and J. A. Kong, "Extraordinary surface voltage effect in the invisibility cloack with an active device inside," Phy. Rev. Lett., Vol. 100, 063904.1-4, 2008.
25. Yaghjian, A. D., "Extreme electromagnetic boundary conditions and their manifestation at the inner surfaces of sperical and cylinderical cloaks," Metamaterials, Vol. 4, 70-76, 2010.
26. Iqbal, N. and P. K. Choudhury, "On the power distributions in elliptical and circular helically designed chiral nihility core optical fibers," Journal of Nanophotonics, Vol. 10, 016008.1-12, 2016.
27. Ghasemi, M. and P. K. Choudhury, "On the sustainment of optical power in twisted clad dielectric cylindrical fibers," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 27, No. 11, 1382-1391, 2013.