In this paper, a broadband compact dual-polarized antenna for base stations is proposed. This antenna consists of a pair of crossed dipoles, four triangular parasitic patches, four metal posts and a box reflector. The crossed dipoles are fed by two 50 Ω coaxial cables. The increase of four parasitic patches allows the resonant point to be generated at high frequencies to further widen the impedance bandwidth; the size of the parasitic patches is reduced to realize the reduction of the antenna radiator size; and the impedance matching is improved by cutting circular slots in the dipole arms. The measured results show that the proposed antenna is able to achieve a wide impedance bandwidth of 79% (1.67 to 3.87 GHz) with VSWR less than 1.6. A stable gain of 8-8.7 dBi and a half-power beamwidth (HPBW) of 60-78° are obtained at 2.2-3.65 GHz. In addition, the antenna radiator is very compact in size, only about 0.41λL × 0.41λL × 0.17λL, where λL is the longest operating wavelength.
2. Wen, D.-L., D.-Z. Zheng, and Q.-X. Chu, "A dual-polarized planar antenna using four folded dipoles and its array for base stations," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 12, 5536-5542, Dec. 2016.
3. Cui, Y., X. Gao, and R. Li, "A broadband differentially fed dual-polarized planar antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 6, 3231-3234, Jun. 2017.
4. Sun, H. H., C. Ding, H. Zhu, and Y. J. Guo, "Dual-polarized multi-resonance antennas with broad bandwidths and compact sizes for base station applications," IEEE Open J. Antennas Propag., Vol. 1, 11-19, 2019.
5. Fu, S., Z. Cao, X. Quan, and C. Xu, "A broadband dual-polarized notched-band antenna for 2/3/4/5G base station," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 19, No. 1, 69-73, Jan. 2020.
6. Jiang, X., Z. Zhang, Y. Li, and Z. Feng, "A wideband dual-polarized slot antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 1010-1013, 2013.
7. Lian, R., Z. Wang, Y. Yin, J. Wu, and X. Song, "Design of a low-profile dual-polarized stepped slot antenna array for base station," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 362-365, 2016.
8. Zhou, Z., Z. Wei, Z. Tang, and Y. Yin, "Design and analysis of a wideband multiple-microstrip dipole antenna with high isolation," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 18, No. 4, 722-726, Apr. 2019.
9. Wen, L.-H., et al., "A wideband dual-polarized antenna using shorted dipoles," IEEE Access, Vol. 6, 39725-39733, 2018.
10. Feng, Y., F.-S. Zhang, G.-J. Xie, Y. Guan, and J. Tian, "A broadband and wide-beamwidth dual-polarized orthogonal dipole antenna for 4G/5G communication," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 20, No. 7, 1165-1169, Jul. 2021.
11. Wang, D., G. Wang, D. Lu, N. Yang, and Q. Zhang, "Design of wideband base station antenna by involving Fragment-type structures on dipole arms," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 70, No. 7, 5953-5958, Jul. 2022.
12. Ye, L. H., Y. J. Li, and D.-L. Wu, "Dual-wideband dual-polarized dipole antenna with T-shaped slots and stable radiation pattern," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 21, No. 3, 610-614, Mar. 2022.