For long-range communication, the directivity and gain of a millimeter wave antenna should be high. The aim of the paper is to design an antenna array that works at higher frequencies X/Ku-band (8-12 GHz)/(12-18 GHz) respectively for applications such as RADAR. This can be achieved by an array of antennas as single antenna cannot provide such high gain and directivity. The radiation pattern has directional pencil beam in which the frequency and gain plot is shown at 11.32 GHz. The maximum gain of 29.0994 dB has been achieved at 11.32 GHz frequency. The software High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) has been used for simulation, and the simulated and measured results are found in agreement with each other
2. Mcdonand, K. T., The U-shaped Antenna of Shtrikman, Vol. 1, 1-9, 2003.
3. Alsager, A. F., "Design and analysis of microstrip patch antenna arrays,", No. 1, 1-80, Msc. Thesis, School of Engineering, University College of Boras, 2011.
4. Barrou, O., A. El Amri, and A. Reha, "Microstrip patch antenna array and its applications: A survey," IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 1, 26-38, 2020.
5. Garg, R., P. Bhartia, I. J. Bahl, and A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook, Artech House, 2001.
6. Kemtchang, R. D., D. B. O. Konditi, and E. Mwangi, "Design of a 2 GHz microstrip antenna for wireless application using cross-shaped patch aperture," International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, Vol. 11, No. 5, 805-818, 2018.
7. Howell, J., "Microstrip antennas," 1972 Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 177-180, Williamsburg, VA, USA, 1972.
8. Kaur, P., "Gain enhancement of microstrip patch antenna with slotting techniques," International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering & Management, Vol. 03, No. 1, 13-19, Feb. 2017.
9. Bisht, S., S. Saini, V. Prakash, and B. Nautiyal, "Study the various feeding techniques of microstrip antenna using design and simulation using CST microwave studio," International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 9, Sep. 2014.
10. Paul, L. C. and N. Sultan, "Design, simulation and performance analysis of a line feed rectangular micro-strip patch antenna," International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Emerging Technologies, Vol. 4, No. 2, 117-126, 2013.
11. Kaur, N., N. Sharma, and N. Singh, "A study of different feeding mechanisms in microstrip patch antenna," International Journal of Microwaves Applications, Vol. 6, No. 1, Jan.-Feb. 2017.
12. Majumder, A., "Rectangular microstrip patch antenna using coaxial probe feeding technique to operate in S-band," International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 4, Apr. 2013.
13. Singh, M., A. Basu, and S. K. Koul, "Design of aperture coupled fed micro-strip patch antenna for wireless communication," India Conference, 2006.
14. Bhanarkar, M. K., G. B. Waghmare, F. Antennas, A. J. Nadaf, and P. M. Korake, "Comparative analysis of FR4 and RT-duroid materials antenna for wireless application," International Journal Series in Engineering Science, Vol. 2, No. 2, 1-10, 2016.
15. Singh, I. and V. S. Tripathi, "Microstrip patch antenna and its applications: A survey," International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology, Vol. 2, No. 5, 1595-1599, Sep. 2011.
16. Rabbani, M. S. and H. Ghafouri-Shiraz, "Liquid crystalline polymer substrate-based THz microstrip antenna arrays for medical applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 1533-1536, 2017.
17. Rabbani, M. S. and H. Ghafouri-Shiraz, "Improvement of microstrip patch antenna gain and bandwidth at 60 GHz and X bands for wireless applications," IET Microwaves Antennas Propagation, Vol. 10, No. 11, 1167-1173, 2017.
18. Najeeb, R., D. Hassan, D. Najeeb, and H. Ademgil, "Design and simulation of microstrip patch antenna array for X-band applications," 13th HONET-ICT International Symposium on Smart MicroGrids for Sustainable Energy Sources Enabled by Photonics and IoT Sensors, 79-83, 2018.
19. Ramamurthy, V., D. V. Katrodiya, J. N. Peshavaria, and V. Ramamoorthy, "Design of microstrip patch antenna array for wireless applications," Iject, Vol. 6, No. 2, 1-5, 2015.
20. Naveen, K., K. Dasari, G. Swapnasri, R. Swetha, S. Nishitha, and B. Anusha, "Microstrip patch antenna array with gain enhancement for WLAN applications," ASSIC 2022 --- Proceedings: International Conference on Advancements in Smart, Secure and Intelligent Computing, 17-25, 2022.
21. Shingate, S., N. Shukla, and N. R. Ingale, "Bandwidth and gain enhancement of microstrip array antenna using stacked layer of parasitic patches," 2018 3rd IEEE International Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics, Information & Communication Technology (RTEICT), 32-36, Bangalore, India, 2018.
22. Ekke, V. R. and P. L. Zade, "Gain enhancement of microstrip patch antenna array by using substrate integrated waveguide for wireless communication system," 2016 International Conference on Automatic Control and Dynamic Optimization Techniques (ICACDOT), 1017-1019, Pune, India, 2016.